Author's Note

Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance... And forgetting.

There have been a great many theories developed regarding what happens to our consciousnesses after our corporeal forms cease to be alive. They range from a glittering realm in the clouds where everything is perfect and a burning pit of torture, (both eternal) to reincarnation as another person or creature of the earth, to a void of absolute nothingness where there are no senses, no existences and nothing whatsoever. While I am not yet dead and cannot verify or disprove any such theories, I can provide my own. I will tell you about my theory of the afterlife, and in doing so I will also tell you a story. Why? Because everything is a little more interesting when you have an exemplary tale to assist in the visualization of the message.
    There is a time when you awaken exactly where you last remember being. A time we all will experience at the end of our physical lives. It is the moment your body dies. Whether you died in your bed, in an accident, by someone else's hand or by your own even, you are now dead. And your spirit is no longer bound to your fleshy form of transportation. This is the story about a girl who died relatively young in her life -- If you must know, she orchestrated her own death because she was depressed. -- and how she learned to adjust to being dead. All actions have consequences, but whether they are punishments for your actions, or simply affect others depends wholly on your perspective, and what you choose to do with the time after you run out of time.