Chapter 2

"Ay Ricky," Anna shouted.

"What hospital zombie?" Ricky asked.

"It's your turn to be screened ya loofa," Anna answered.

"Peace out Homie G," he saluted and then walked over to the screener.

"Mr. Calaway?" Anna asked.

"Yes Ms. Connors?" he responded.

"Dr. Mackey said that after Ricky was screened we could be cured. What does he mean by cured?" she asked nervously.

"Cured?" he said, and then he saw her nervous face and emphatically replied, "don't worry Ms. Connors. When you are cured, you are rid of any illnesses, and all of your injuries are healed."

"How?" she asked.

"Well they have th-" he started to say.

"Mr. Calaway," Dr. Mackey interrupted.

"Yes Dr. Mackey?" he replied in a slightly annoyed tone.

"They are ready to be cured," Dr. Mackey stated.

"Ah yes, perfect," Mr. Calaway said grabbing the clipboard that Dr. Mackey was handing to him, "Mr. Smith, Ms. Connors," he said, "follow me," and then started walking even farther down the corridor.

As Anna and Ricky were slowly making their way down the corridor, a huge cart with a tarp on top of it was being pushed by them.

"Mr. Calaway?" Ricky asked.

"Yes Mr. Smith," Mr. Calaway responded.

"What was that?" he asked pointing to the tarp covered cart.

"Oh yes," Mr. Calaway said while clasping his hands, "that's one of the new gadgets that Mr. Havis is making."

"Mr. Havis?"

"Yes, Mr. Havis is the main gadget maker here at the S.S.S."

"Ethan," said a woman dressed in all white.

“Amy,” responded Mr. Calaway answered, “is it time for them to be cured already?”

“Yes it is,” said the woman in white, “please follow me so we can get this over with,” she said in a bored tone.

“Ms. Connors, Mr. Smith, this is Amy Bailey,” he said pointing to the woman in white, “one of the nurses at S.S.S.”

“Mr. Calaway,” Dr. Bailey said, “the clipboard.”