Getting Ready

Heyo minna! Sorry I have not wrote anything in a while. I'm still suffering from post-concussion syndrome that is effecting my writing ability and creative side. So, I decided for Thanksgiving I will be writing a cute little fanfiction for you all! I hope you enjoy! 

Summary: It's Thanksgiving for the Fairy Tail team as they celebrate the turkey day together. At the Fullbuster household Natsu is in charge of hosting while Gray tries to make the two turkey's needed to feed the whole gang. Will Thanksgiving run smoothly? Or will it all fall apart? 

 Will Thanksgiving run smoothly? Or will it all fall apart? 

Wumpth! Bang!

Plate's clattered onto the fairly decorated dining room tables, the clean dishes setting crooked the fall covered table cloth. A frustrated "shit" left a man's lips as he thread his fingers into his salmon locks. Exhaling rather loudly he grabbed a few of the clean platters and set them each to a spot on the table. Most of the platen's where mismatched due to them being bought at a different time. 'I should'a just bought the paper one's' .

Fixing the table cloth he went back for silverware and glasses setting them up next to their respective dishes. His calloused finger's scratched the back of his neck violently while he sorted through his thoughts. It had been a year since he graduated from University, earning his degree in professional athletic's as well as an LPN. His husband, Gray Fullbuster, graduated a few years before him becoming a part-time EMT and HR Manager. They have been married for about five years now, with two children to care for. Aiden and Winter -- the twin four year old's. The twins are fraternal -- Winter's bio father being Gray and Aiden being his -- both conceived through surrogacy. Their mother is a close friend of their's, Lucy Heartfilia, being both men's best friend throughout high school.  She was coming over for Thanksgiving dinner tonight with her husband and three children. Speaking of which he still needed to get ready!

"Yo ice princess! Where's the knitted thingy!" he hollered from the dining room looking to the separate kitchen. His husband was in charge of cooking since he didn't burn food on the daily. Gray's shuffling feet pattered to the dining room's doorway holding a few festive trivet's in his left hand. His other hand held his cellphone up to his ear. 

"Here" he remarked, throwing the decorated pieces of yarn at the younger. His wintry, cobalt orbs gazed over at the clock in a stern but neutral expression as he listened to the person on the other line. The childish man snorted at his husband's expression and placed the trivet's along the middle of the table. His olive eyes fluttered back and forth among the table, observing every detail of the layout. His 'sister' would kill him if it didn't look homey and friendly. Scrunching his brow he examined the table without realizing the loud giggling coming from his daughter. 

If there is one thing about Winter it's that she loved to get into mischief much like her daddy Natsu.  It was the only thing she got from him and she used it well against him. Her dark curls and glittery cocoa eyes gave her the appearance of a high class noble from Europe making her seem beyond pranks and 'fun'. This was a key aspect of disguise.