2

The walk to school was long, giving me time to think about what my mother said. I know she cares about me and all that motherly shit, but I really just don't want to talk to her about me.

I pushed my dead, brown hair out of my eyes before I arrived at the hell I called school. It was consumed by 2,823 obnoxious high school students. They were clearly parted by their social groups.

I looked around, not seeing anywhere that I would even come close to fitting in. Girls in high heels and skirts gossiping with one another about the latest drama.

Boys laughing and doing their weird handshake thing and chatting about the football game that they had won.

You don't fit in anywhere. No one will ever love you. Haven't you figured that our already?

I wish Damon would just stop already, I understand that no one cares. That no one will ever care. He doesn't have to exploit it.

With a deep sigh, I headed into the doors of the school. I could hear the whispers of the people that were supposed to be my friends. I don't have any friends.

I tried to ignore them all. They only pushed my belief that I shouldn't be here further.

"Pathetic"

"Why doesn't she just kill herself already?"

"I'd hate to be that ugly"

I rolled my eyes at them. Didn't they know I already knew all of what they're saying is true?

"Do you even try anymore Ana? I mean seriously. It can't be that shocking that you don't have someone that loves you, when you dress like that." One of the snobby rich girls, named Mary, said to me.

She's one of those girls who use her body to get people to do what she wants. With her tops showing too much cleavage, and her skirts that barely even cover her ass up.

I ignored her, just like I do to everyone, and continued the walk through the cafeteria.

Once I got into my class, I sat down in the seat left of the middle one. I didn't want to draw anymore attention to myself then I already had.

Mrs. Brady came in and I began to look around at all the 'couples'. I would never have anything like the couple in the front who were holding hands in secrecy. Nor the couple in the back who were sharing sweet little kisses not caring who saw.

I'd be embarrassed to be seen with you.

Damon ripped apart my self confidence little by little. I refuse to believe that he is a part of me. He is his own person, taunting me. He uses every one of my insecurities to belittle me. It hurts.

As the lesson went on, I felt myself drifting away to a different world. A world where I was a different girl, one with a guy who cared.