The big day..

Today's the day! Danny's hospital room is set just the way I planned, grey white and blue flowers placed on the window ledges, grey drapes over the tables and even blue chair covers! It was a little mini wedding reception. Shane even persuaded the nurses to change the lightbulb to a disco bulb, party! Oh god I'm turning into Danny. The hospital bed had been pushed out of the room to make way for the wedding 'isle' (a strip of white fabric spread across the floor.) I was eagerly waiting at the 'alter' with Shane by my side in a dark blue suit. My mother was sat at the front with an empty seat next to her for Bonnie and most of the staff from the ward had occupied the remaining seats. I have no idea what Danny is wearing, he said he ordered it online yesterday with the help of his mom.

One of the nurses started playing Songbird by Eva Cassidy and the ceremony began. From the doors came Bonnie, dressed in a grey pantsuit followed by the love of my life. Oh wow. In came Danny, looking happier than ever, dressed in a white lace dress with a white shawl, makeup on and his natural hair (which is shoulder length at this point) in loose braids. Although dressed in typically female attire and makeup, I was marrying Danny today, not Adore.

Tears are filling my eyes as I gaze at my beautiful chola strolling down the isle. He is staring right at me, his smile growing wider with every step. Songbird continues to play as Danny gets to the alter. Bonnie takes my hand and whispers in my ear, "look after my son, you're the best thing that's happened to him." She turns to Danny and kisses him on the cheek before sitting down. I grasp Danny's hand and lock my fingers between his. This is really happening. The hospitals chaplain begins by welcoming everyone and then proceeds to the vows.

Repeating after the chaplain, Danny faces me, "I Daniel Anthony Noriega take you Roy Haylock to be my lawful wedded husband," he then begins to tear up as he adds his own vows, "from the day I met you I knew we had a connection like no other. The past years have been amazing and I wouldn't want to share them with anyone else. We've had our ups and downs like any couple but we got through it all. I know today isn't how we would want it to be and I'm sorry for that but at least I get to marry you, my true love. When I'm with you everything's okay, I'm going to face a lot of hard ships in the near future but I know I've got you supporting me every step of the way. I love you Roy."

I take Danny's hand and kiss it ever so softly before saying my vows. "I Roy Haylock take you Daniel Anthony Noriega to be my lawful wedded husband. You're right in saying this isn't how we planned it, but it's perfect. As long as you are here with me there's nothing more I could ask for. I wouldn't change this for the world and I'll be right by your side now and forever. I no longer work alone, you are my other half and without you, my life would be shit." Are you allowed to swear in wedding vows? Anyhow that got me a slap on the wrist from my mother. Oops. "Let me continue," I cackle, "you are the one for me Danny and I love you with all my heart, you've taught me a lot of things but the main thing you've taught me is that I can't live without you. I love you."

We are both crying at this point, Shane brings out the rings, crying also. We place them on each other before hearing the chaplain say, "you are now married!" Hearing those words made fireworks go off inside me, finally! I pull Danny close and place my lips on his, my fingers running through his hair. "My beautiful husband" I whisper, he places his head on my shoulder as we embrace. Shane makes his way towards us and grabs us into a bear hug, I do wish he wouldn't be so rough! "Congrats guys! Roy, Danny has a surprise for you!" Oh fuck what is it, I hate surprises!

The floor clears and Danny is in the centre, "Roy, you know how I wrote a song for you? Well I think it's time you hear it, I mean it's been 2 years! Now you know my brains all fucked up so I can't sing, luckily I recorded it when I wrote it. Let's dance!" This bitch is so cute I love him so much. I shake my head in disbelief as I walk over to him, I don't dance but today I will gladly show off my moves.. or lack of. Shane clicks play on Danny's phone as he yells, "the newly wed will now share the first dance to an original song by Danny himself, it's called Better than the movies."

The song starts and it's faster than I would expect for a first dance, not very traditional but then again there's nothing traditional about us! I hold Danny by the waist, his arms around my neck as we sway side to side. The song speeds up so I decide to grab Danny's hand and spin him around, shits getting fancy! We two step side to side in beat to the song, Danny looks at me and bursts out laughing, "you dance like an old man!" He's even teasing me on our wedding day. I lightly push him and then pull him in as we continue to dance. Towards the end of the song everyone joins us on the 'dance floor' this song is great! Danny really has talent, shockingly!

The song finishes and Danny steps in the middle of the floor, "Okay guys you know what time it is now.. party!" He's so cute! I pull him to the side and lead his lips to mine, "I love you Danny, now c'mon let's go enjoy the music." Danny agreed with that, "Let's go!"