A Life in God's Hands

I read the comment on Facebook over and over. I just couldn't stand some people. One of my best friends commented on one of her pictures, "I don't get Christians, they worship a God that they can't even see and make up books of fairy tales where people do magic things through 'God's Power."

I wanted to shut these people out of my life, but I know that God wouldn't want that, and it would make me look like I was trying to ignore them. God would want me to help them. Only one month left of school, and then I don't have to deal with these people anymore anyway. Unless we go to the same college.

When I got to my locker after the 2nd period, it was time for lunch. All of the "popular" girls came over here.

"Prom better be good!" Lindsay said in her stupid girly voice.

"It'll look better than you face." I replied.

"Impossible!" she playfully shouted, "you should be part of our crew. You have the looks, the smarts, and the rich Daddy."

"Sorry girls. I'm sticking with my crew."

Sylvia, her back up girl said, "Please Kiana! You are awesome!"

"You guys just say that because of my dad."

"I will think about it." No.

"Thank you! take your time thinking about this BIG decision." Fiona, the other backup girl, reminded me.

I was running the prom decorating committee. The theme was a royal ball. I had been asked to the dance by numerous boys. But I didn't like any of them.