Chapter 15: Second Prince & I

"Elliot."

Groaning, I make it only one step out onto the driveway before stepping on what seems to be a human being.

I survey my surroundings, taking in the fresh air gratefully as I'd been confined inside Colt's car for the trip back home. The 10pm night air is crisp and clear, but it's anything but pleasant.

"Ge' out've ma' woom, Leightin'." The blonde slurs, stretching out on the front stairs.

I disgracefully trudge up the first few steps, before turning back, letting my guilty conscience get the best of me.

"You stink like a distillery."

"Dishiri-wha'?"

Rolling my eyes, I pull my phone out of my pocket, dialling the first number that comes to my head. Waiting for Axel to pick up, I turn around to watch Colt's bright, red break lights fade into the distant fog. When the dial tone doesn't end, I try for other brothers, but none of them pick up.

Great timing.

I mentally mutter to myself, eyes veering towards the blonde on the ground, who's moaning and groaning into the freshly swept marble.

"Elliot, can't you at least collapse inside the house?"

"Shuddap..." Slurring, he pulls himself into an upright position, hand rubbing at his forehead.

Attention drawing to the spot he brought his hand too, I'm surprised when I see a massive bruise thats coloured his skin. The middle a deep black to purple, it's near impossible to be hidden by his light blonde hair, or any hoodie he'd try to hide it from Theo with.

Making a disapproving sound with my mouth, I crouch in front of him with my hand outstretched.

"What happened?"

"C...Caff..."

All sympathy lost, I fight the urge to leave him in the cold for the night and let him sleep it out on the steps.

"Were you fighting with Caffeine over a girl again?" I groan. "Why are you friends...?"

"She said... shit..." Sobering up now, blood spurts out of his nose in which I aid with a clean tissue. "Amelia call' you a stugg' up bitch."

"And so you go around confronting your friend's girlfriends?" I scold, my anger dimming to a gentle simmer. "You don't need to get physical on my behalf, especially when it involves your own friends."

Raising my eyes to meet Elliot's, I sigh when I see that his eyes are shut, consequentially signalling that the blonde has fallen fast asleep. My shoulders drooped, I quickly step inside the foyer of the mansion to find a male staff worker on the night shift. Pointing towards the stairs, I accompany the hard laboured worker all the way to Elliot's bedroom, stopping at the door frame.

Watching as the male staff member lowers Elliot onto his bed, I wordlessly dismiss him with the nod of my head, keeping my eyes on the dozing Ice Prince.

"Goodnight, Elliot." I speak to no one in particular, wary that the boy in which the words are intended for is peacefully slumbering in a drunken stupor.

***

"I totally flunked the Geography exam this morning, I didn't even answer enough questions to pass." Clemilee moans, sliding down the girl's change room locker regretfully.

Thankfully, Freida being a fully endorsed school by the government, the girl's locker room was connected to the main stadium. They're fully equipped with showers and change rooms that are cleaned everyday, with hot water that came through the pipe as soon as you turned the tap for it.