Chapter 8

After "Talent Time" and all that jazz, the kids were sitting in the lounge trying to turn on their video game. However, the old T.V. didn't help at all. But supposedly no match for Timothy's frustrated smacking.

"C'mon, C'mon," Timothy muttered. "Go. Go!"

"It's not gonna help just to hit it," Parker insinuated.

"I could try."

"Can't you just unplug it and plug it back in again."

"Tried that!"

"You just want me to do it?"

"No! I could do it myself."

"C'mon, let me try."

"No!"

Jacey came up behind Parker and rubbed his shoulders just as he was about to get up and do the whole thing himself.

"How's it going," she said.

"I hafta turn on the game for some kids."

"I not a kid!"Timothy butted in. "I'm fourteen."

Jacey started to crack up. "Good luck."

They kissed real quick, leading to Thelma letting out an," Aw!"

In return, she got a social circle worth of glares.

"I'll need it," he responded. With one more slap, the T.V. turned onto a screen of blue

"YES!"Timothy screamed, so loud that Victorine's shoulders hunched and shuddered. A second later, the sound of stomping echoed, getting louder and louder. Yolanda marched right up, and declared,"Tell whoever shouted, that they would rather shut up, or eat my fist."

"Ooooh,"Pauline and Buckley uttered in unison, with Victorine mouthing along and giggling. Yolanda raised an eyebrow at them. "Something tells me that you all are gonna get on my nerves real quick."

"True," Parker muttered. Timothy and Buckley started fiddling with putting in their video game and plugging in the controllers.

"Do you really need all that for Just Dance?"Horace asked.

"We're not playing that," Buckley said, confused. Horace put a hand on his chest in shock.

"Timothy, you lied!" he whined.

"Yes I did,"his brother stated, flatly.

"I'm gonna object at your wedding!"

"What does that-"

"Stop arguing!"Parker butted in. "Just play Call of Duty or whatever."

"Halo!"Timothy corrected.

"I already hate you,"Yolanda whispered. Victorine rubbed her leg so she would look down. Victorine stared up her with her big eyes.

"You're not bad," Yolanda corrected, just as Mrs.Daniels called them down for supper. Victorine's smile returned.

"So where did you come from?"Ms.Kion asked as they munched down on steak.

"Far,"Yolanda answered.

"I noticed that you were in a rather bad condition..."

"We almost got blown up," she interrupted.

"I...see." Victorine's eye turned to Jacey, who was biting her lip.

"Didn't that happen to most of us?"Horace questioned.

"Well, I'm guessing some of you didn't watch it all happen."

Anais silently punched Horace in the shoulder, her expression bitter.