The Dream

The bliss of Melody's sleep was interrupted by a dream.She was in a forest,surrounded by tall trees that went up as far as the eye could see.She was unable to move or speak.All she could do was watch.She heard crashing through the undergrowth and a moment later a man and a woman appeared.They stopped in the middle of the clearing with heaving chests and faces glistened with sweat.Upon closer look they were not humans at all.They were unnaturaly fair looking with long and graceful bodies.They both had bows slung on their backs along with a quiver full of arrows.They were elves.The woman was holding a bundle of blankets.The bundle started to cry pitifuly.The woman unwraped the bundle to reveal a baby with pointy ears and a hint of brown hair.She rocked the baby slightly in her arms and sang softly.Melody was struck by how familiar her song sounded.The male elves eyes darted back and forth at the bushes and trees as if expecting an attack at any moment."İ think we lost them"he said in a musical language."You know they will search for us"the she elf answered"And they will find us."The man frowned and said"We can run.Run away from this place and start over.Just you,İ and little Mayra."The she elf studied him for a moment and smiled the sadest smile that had ever been."They will hunt us down.We will never be safe"she said softly."But Mayra can be"For some reason Melody felt sadness tearing her heart.The male elf nodded slowly and said something that Melody could not hear.The she elf waved her hand over the baby and muttered something.The babys ears shrunk to the size of a humans, her face grew rounder and her lips thinner.A few blemishes appeared on her skin, her eyes grew round but the color remained the same as her mothers,  fir greenFinally the mother made a move towards her palm where there was as silver mark.The male elf stopped her and said"No.Let her mark remain."The dream started to blur as Melody woke up to a startling noise.