5 Times Death the Kid was mad at his Dad

1.

As a toddler, Kid didn't understand why Daddy was gone before he woke up and not back by the time he went to bed.

The only person that ever came to visit him was his father's weapon, Death Scythe or Uncle Spirit. The red head loved to take care of his adorable godson during the day and his precious daughter during the night.

Don't get him wrong. He loved his godfather, like loved.

But there was sometimes where he wished that his father would come home to be with him. Like, for example, his birthday or holidays or even when his godfather had his days off from work when he was the loneliest.

Sadly, that is only but a dream meant to be only a dream.

"Stupid Papa. I hwate you"

2.

Just a wee bit past the age of 8, Kid sort of understood more about the fact that he couldn't see his dad everyday.

His dad was the Lord of Death and that made him the Prince of Death, his heir. He looked at his Uncle, who was having an argument with his wife on the phone. He hid around the corner and sat listening to his Uncle's words.

He had a brilliant idea. Maybe if he told his Uncle to spend more time with his daughter, then maybe Dad would come home to be with him.

He couldn't have felt anymore dumber. The plan didn't work and now he was even lonelier than ever. About a month after his plan, his Uncle and his wife got a divorce and she left Death City to travel. His daughter started to loathe her father.

Kid sighed. He wished that there wasn't any evil in the world. He wished that he wasn't the Prince of Death. He wished....for his Dad to come home. He looked down forlornly and blew out the candle on the tiny cupcake in front of him.

"Happy Birthday to me"

3.

Kid shoved his hands into his pocket and shuffled out of the room. He didn't bother to turn around to give a departing greeting to the two men.

As soon as he was out, Spirit turned to his boss and crossed his arms over his chest. The shadow sighed and lifted his hand to take the mask off. It never surprised Spirit to no end on how similar his godson and his best friend looked.

'No matter how much times I see it. They look like mirror images of each other.'

"So....."

Spirit cocked an eyebrow at his friend before shaking his head.

"I know you wanna say it Spirit, so you might as well say it"

Spirit sighed and scratched his head sheepishly before regaining his professional attitude and turning to his meister.

"I'm not saying this as your weapon. I'm saying this as a parent. You do know that the more you avoid him, the more strained this relationship will be right?"

4.

Kid huffed as he left the Death Room. Not only was he sent on a mission to find a magic tool, he also didn't know what the thing did or why it was needed.

Kid really was starting to wonder if the morals of the academy were justified. He still needed to find out what his father was planning.

If it was something bad, then he would need to act to save the academy and the world from his own father.

He clenched his fist tightly and hoped that it wouldn't have to come down to that. He looked down and sighed.

'Please just stop lying to me for once'

5.

Kid frowned. He was doing that a lot lately. After being asked to go and seek out another magic tool, he really wanted to bury himself somewhere far away.

He turned to leave the school without looking back. He needed to go home and change and grab his weapons.

'Why does he need these tools?'

Sometimes, Kid felt like the relationship between his father and himself were like a subordinate and boss. Their relationship far too strained for help. It went pass the point of even Maka and Spirit's relationship.

He sighed again. Honestly, if he didn't stop sighing then he was going to get wrinkles.

'Stupid Papa'