Taken

A Brendan North Sad Imagine

"Mommy! Daddy! Wake up, it's Christmas!" I heard Brendan groan as our little girl jumped on top of him. "What time is it?" I looked over at the clock on our bedside table, "6:30 in the morning." I heard the muffled voices of Logan and Evan vlogging and I decided there wasn't a choice. So, I got up. I fixed my hair in a bun and made my way down the stairs. My husband, our daughter and my son from a previous relationship followed right behind me.

I saw a man on the couch and grabbed my kids, looking to Brendan for an explanation. I knew that the man had been staying with us for a while, one of Logan's friends, but what caught me off guard was the needle in his hand.

Logan noticed what we were looking at and walked over to him. "Hey, what is this?!" The man looked shocked, like he thought we wouldn't have found out. He looked at us, then the needle over and over again until he got up and ran for it. When he opened the door, though, a woman stood there.

"Child Protective Services," She held up a badge and looked at all of us. Logan had the needle in his hand and the man's eyes were bloodshot. "... I've seen enough."

Two men walked over to me and told me to give them my kids. "No! We didn't even know about this! You can't take them away from us!" Jayln, our daughter started to cry. "Hey! Just stop! We didn't know he had drugs! Leave us alone and deal with the real problem!" Brendan said and picked Jayln up, rubbing her back. The men took an aggressive approach and pushed me out of the way. I landed on the floor and gasped as I laid a hand on my stomach. "She's pregnant! Stop!" Brendan ran over to me and rubbed my small stomach, for I was only a few months into the pregnancy. "I'm okay." I said.

"We don't want to do this anymore than you want it to happen, but the neighbors told us there was a guy doing drugs that lives here. We had to check it out. Now we know they were telling the truth and we have to take these kids out of this bad environment. It's our job." The woman explained as the two men picked up our kids and walked out.

"No." I got up and ran out the door. I ran to the car and started banging on the windows. "Stop! Stop the car! Open the doors! My babies, no!" I started sobbing when I saw Noah, my son, cry. The cars raced down the road and I fell to my knees.

This can't be happening.