Flashback

"Get out. Get out right now." She said, swimming away with the rest of the pod. "Where will we go Aqua?" I asked her. She turned around with her colorful tail, swaying behind her.

"You just don't belong," Aqua told us, there was a quiver in her voice. I could tell she didn't want to leave us there.

"Why, then?" I asked I was three. She shook her head, crying. Then she swam away, I could feel her guilt, splash over me as I watched her disappear into the sea.

I woke up in a cold sweat. I climbed out of bed slowly. I never even had that memory before. Is it even a memory? Questions buzzing through my head as I opened up the door. I walked out of the room and greeted my cousin and my sister that was out in the hall. We walked down the small hallway and walked into a large kitchen. My cousin took the lead since it was her house, but we didn't mention anything about what we had just seen in our dreams. We followed her and she grabbed some water in three cups. We walked into the small living room and looked up through the glass ceiling. The full moon was out. We looked up at the no-cloud sky with the moon shining above us. We sipped our water and it fell on the top of our lips. We walked back to the sink and put our green, blue and pink cups inside. We waved our hands to say good-bye and fell back asleep in bed.

The next morning, the sun was shining through the tinted window to awake me. I pulled off the covers and got up to go to the bathroom. I turned a corner and walked up the carpeted stairs and turned left. I pushed open the white door to find my sister and my cousin inside. I hopped inside the bathroom and shut the door.

"Morning," I said.

"Hi." my cousin waved to me. My sister got into the shower, while my cousin got into the bathtub. I stretched and went over to the sink. My sister turned the knob to turn on the water. So did my cousin. So did I. We all fell over and clasped on the floor. I opened my eyes and they revealed a long, scaly, bright blue and black mermaid tail. I turned to my sister who was staring at hers, which was. And I saw my cousin, whose tail was smaller than ours, but still hanging out of the bathtub. We were all astonished. We started at each other and grabbed towels. I dried my hands, my sister dried her hands, and my cousin dried hers. The tails became a blinding light for a few seconds and then we felt our feet again. The light dimmed and soon we could see our feet. "What just happened?" My cousin asked me, thinking I would know the answer.
"I have no idea," I responded.

After a while, we decided we were hungry and went downstairs to eat breakfast. We walked over to the cabinet and took out Rice Krispies and Frosted Flakes. My cousin reached to get three bowls from the top counter. I ran over and grabbed them quickly. We all trotted over to the table and plopped down the bowls and the cereal. I grabbed the Rice Krispies and poured them into the white bowl. "Can you get me some milk Sedona?" I asked my cousin, putting down the cereal and turning my head to face her.

"Sure!" She answered with a smile. She trotted over to the small fridge and opened it.

"What kind?"

"Whole milk, please."

"Okay, coming right up." She said, grabbing the milk and running over to me. She carefully put it on the table and smiled at me.

"Thanks, Sedonut." I said, pouring the milk into my cereal. She twirled around me to face my sister, who was pouring her Frosted Flakes into her bowl. She turned around and saw my cousin.

"Hi, Donut." She said, smiling and walking over to the bean bag in the cramped living room. She plopped down and started to eat her cereal. I walked over and sat on the cold tile floor. My cousin snatched her bowl of overfilled cereal and skipped over to us happily. She sat herself down right on the couch and we all sat there, blankly. "So, are we gonna talk about this?" My sister asked after a few minutes of awkward silence.

"Yes, okay, so whenever we touch water, we get tails," I said, turning to face them and the bright sunlight that was reflecting through the tall window behind them. "But we can't tell anyone but our family." I looked at the side of the wall and started to tip over. "Unless they're not trustworthy," I said, lifting myself back up and facing them again.

"Yes. Okay." My cousin smiled and gave a thumbs up.

"So NONE of your friends," I said, widening my eyes and looking at my cousin. She looked around.

"I won't tell." My cousin said, inhaling a spoonful of cereal. I looked at my sister who was looking at me like: I think she's gonna tell.