01

Kisses

Sun is disappearing. I look at my watch, it's 5:45 in the afternoon and by this time I should be by home now but guess what, I'm still here at the university. In front of the gate. Waiting for someone who I don't know if still alive. Several cars are passing by, students slowly making their way out, birds flying around the tree beside the waiting shed, vendors who are cleaning the stations they used. Some part of me, I should go home but I promised I wouldn't go without him. I look up and saw how pretty the sunset is, was about to capture it using my phone when he shouts and runs toward me. 

"Kisses! I'm so sorry. We had to practice overtime for our game next week. Sorry talaga." There he is. My so-called best friend, he's a basketball player and I know you guys wonder why did the hell I became best friend with this guy. Basically, my parents and his parents went to the same school during college and also my dad and his dad are business partners. 

"You always say that naman, Dons. Lagi na lang.."I was cut off when Donny side hugged me. Yes Donny Pangilinan is my best friend not my boy friend. "Let's go na, it's already late. We still- I mean still have exams tomorrow." 

While we were on our way home, Donny gave me a ticket for their game next week. Although alam niya naman na I'm not into those type of shows. 

"Dons, I told you hindi naman ako mahilig manood ng basketball games. You could give that out to anyone else but not me. I'd rather read books than watch basketball games. You know that.." He pouted a little which I find so cute, he always do that whenever I decline his offers. 

"Kahit isang beses lang? And para rin I have someone to cheer me. Like a cheerleader." He still hoping na I'll accept the offer.

"I don't know, I still have tons of books to read." I smiled and showed him the list of the books. Arguments after begging, I finally agreed to accept the ticket but I didn't agree to watch the game.

We bid each other's goodbye although mag kapit bahay lang kami. Basically our house is besides Donny's house. Kaya if wala ang parents ko, Hannah and Solana, Donny's sisters ay pinupuntahan ako and sometimes we'll do make ups. I remember when we were kids Donny and Ate Ella would sneaked out and knock on my window para makapaglaro sa playground. Sobrang close ng Delavin and Pangilinan family na minsan we would celebrate Christmas sa ibang lugar together.

After eating dinner, I start reviewing for the exams. I'm a little bit distracted and I don't know why. I stared out the window and saw Donny dancing around in his bedroom. I would love to record it but I know he'll be mad if I did that so, I just laughed at him the entire time. He was tripping all over. 

"Good night, world." 

Donny

I was feeling a little bit hyper tonight so I decided to ditch all the assignments and dance around, make the most out of it. I'm currently dancing to lany's super far. Yes. Lany. Who doesn't love them? No one.

I glance across my window and saw Kisses reviewing. She's too busy reading and I feel like she's so tired na. I wish I could bring her something that could make her happy but it's almost midnight na. 

They say when you really love someone you'll do everything, you'll take risks and kahit you'll look silly para lang mapasaya mo siya and I guess, worth it naman. 

"Good night, crush."