Chapter 7

dedicated to MissTrouble123 for being such an awesome friend!! check out all her Hunger Games fanfics too! :))

vote and drop by a comment, pretty pleaseee?? :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel my heart drop ten feet. Oh dear God, please no. I already have to put up with Josh and his ridiculous ego on stage. Please don't tell me the next two people I have to deal with are my ex-friends.

Being Beauty is turning out to be hard work.

"Hey!" Somebody greets me cheerfully and clamps a hand down on my shoulder.

I let out a surprised yelp and attempts to knock off the hand. "What the -"

"Hey watch it! It's just me." Katie exclaims. "I was watching your scene just now. You did great! What do you think of mine? There wasn't much talking in it though, just mainly between Aaron and Michelle and - and what the hell are they doing here?"

"I just hope to God they're not here to join the cast since there are a few more openings."

"For what?"

"The fairies' part."

"Well, they certainly won't make good fairies." She rolls her eyes. "Anyways, I'm not here to talk about them, I'm here to know more about your current situation."

I raise my eyebrows.

"You know. Your nonexistent love life."

"Oh, it's alright." I say offhandedly. This is not something I'd like to talk about at the moment.

"Well, come on, tell me! Did you make any new guy friends? Are you being chatty? You still seem like the old Holley."

"That's because I am still the same old Holley."

"Never mind that. You didn't answer my question."

I frown. "What question?"

"Made any guy friends?"

I shake my head. To me, Spencer will always just be the guy who is the answer to my stage dilemma. I know that sounds mean but I'm not repeating my mistakes, ever.

"I'll take that as none." She plants her hands on her hips. "Holley, what did I tell you? Don't you want to make Penelope proud or something? You do want the offer."

"I do, but so what? I don't like being chatty and you know it!"

"But you're not even trying."

"I am, okay? I am." I sigh "It's hard. I don't know who to trust."

"Well, you'll never know unless you try some more!"

"I'm doing my best!" I retort. Then I add, just to make her stop questioning me, "In fact, I don't need them because I found someone who fits the job."

Instead of looking pleased like I thought, she frowns a little. "Fits the job?"

I roll my eyes. "Trust me, he is totally the answer. Fits all the criteria."

"Criteria?"

Now it's my turn to frown. "What's with the frown and questions? You told me to pick a guy and I did. I thought you'd be pleased."

"Do you know him well?"

"No."

"Holley," Katie sounds exasperated. "I told you, you have to talk to guys before choosing one!"