Prologue

A woman in her mid thirties approached the old Sillyvision studio, a bundle of fabric in hand. Looking around to make sure nobody else was around, she deposited the bundle by the front entrance along with a note. She doesn't waste a moment before turning back around and leaving on the bundle. This woman doesn't even stick around to see it received.

So the bundle is left out in the cold night. It stays as it is for ten minutes before it realized the loss of the warmth it had in the woman's arms. The bundle was really a baby wrapped up in fabric.

The baby started wailing at the top of it's lungs. It was a baby, after all. Babes do that. As any baby might do, it continued to cry out as no one was around to give it the comfort it so desired.

And then the gut wrenching cries stopped.

The baby was now being held by a disheveled and exhausted looking man covered from head to toe with ink, wearing what appeared to be a cardboard cutout. Of course, the baby started to then giggle at the silly mask wearing man.

As the man makes his way back into the compound, he contemplated this new variable in the equation of his continued survival. What was he to do with the child, anyways? It had stopped it's godawful crying, so he found himself able to think. Could he keep the child? No, not likely. More likely, a child would not be safe and he'd risk losing it to the abominations. Maybe he could just leave it? It might just die anyways.

Just a matter of when and where.

Something about that thought left a sour taste on his tongue. He'd found this child only moments ago and he already found himself growing attached. It held onto him with such force, as though it thought he might leave it at any moment.

A baby couldn't defend itself, but it couldn't provide much to the monsters either...

With a stern nod to himself, he opened up the front doors.

He had come to a decision.

Outside, a note had fallen to the icy ground. It read,

"I can't keep this child. If nobody takes it, the wolves may as well claim it. "