Chapter 1

“Taylor!!!” I dragged out. “You know me and football games don’t mix together well!’

“Oh stop hibernating! Come out of your cave for once!”

This is the conversation that I’m having with my best friend. You see… I’m not an outgoing girl who goes to the hottest parties every Friday. I’m just your average girl who just wants to have great grades in school. I’m that girl who on Friday night is studying for the biggest exam ever that’s on Monday, instead of going to a party. On the other hand, my best friend Taylor is VERY outgoing and could get whatever guy she wanted. 

“Alexa, you’re going and that’s final!” Taylor demanded.

“But-“I started to say until Taylor cut me off.

“No buts! You’re going.” Taylor sternly stated.

When Taylor spoke like this, I knew there was no arguing. Well this is just great! I’m going to a stupid football game on Friday, when I should be studying! The worst thing is that I don’t even know anything about football! “Fine.” I groaned.

“…Besides… maybe you’ll meet a cute guy there, and you need to loosen up,” she stated.

“Taylor. You know my past with guys so just stop right there. And I am “loosened up”.” I argued back.

“Oh come on Alexa! Look…” She stopped folding clothes and came to sit by me. “I know what happened with you and Mitchell-“

I cut her off, “Don’t. Say. His. Name.”

Sighing Taylor continues, “I know what he did was very, VERY, awful, but not all guys are like that! You have to move on!”

Dang it, I knew she was right, but I just couldn’t get myself to move on. “I know your right bu-“I tried to say.

“Exactly. I’m right, so your gonna talk to some guys this Friday.” She smirked.

Oh no, I hate it when she gets like this…

-~-~-

*Friday Night*

“Taylor I feel siiiiiiiiick!” I whined

“Oh shut up! You’re going and that’s final! Now you only have 30 min to get ready!”

“I don’t know what to wear!”

She let out a laugh, “You’re such a bad liar you know that? Besides you can meet some guys!”

I sighed and put a pillow over my face. “I don’t want to meet a guy!”

Taylor came and sat by me, “Alexa listen to me,” she took the pillow off of my face, “I get your past, but the past is the past and you can’t ruin your high school life being like this!”

I had tears pricking in my eyes. I knew she was right, but every time I thought about my past, it breaks my heart again.

Taylor spoke again and pulled me into a hug, “Not all guys are like him, and I can promise you that.”

I pulled away and wiped my tears. “Thank you.”

She smiled softly, “That’s my job, but we have to get going!”

I checked the clock 6:41, shoot I have 9 min before we leave! I quickly changed into some faded skinny jeans and my gray converse. I slipped on my high school sweatshirt and put my hair into a messy bun. I looked in the mirror and saw that my makeup looked fine.

“Alright let’s go!” I grabbed my purse, phone, and car keys. We headed out into my 1995 red Jeep Wrangler.

The car ride was filled with us belting our terrible voices in the car. We were laughing the whole 10 min to get there. I pulled into the packed high school parking lot. Ah 6:52, 8 min to spare! We got out and headed to the stands. At halftime I got really hungry.