Chapter 11

I quickly packed up the diaper bag, hoping I didn't forget anything important since I was doing it so rushed. They banquet started in about 45 minutes, and we hadn't even dropped off the boys yet.

I rushed Bobby to get Lucas into the car, strapping Ness in quickly and carefully.

Once we got to my parents' I greeted my mom with a hug and told her around what time we'd be back to pick them up. With that, I kissed her cheek as I walked back to the vehicle very quickly.

"I'm 99% sure we're gonna be late." I said as we set off.

"Ah, who cares? They probably won't even start until around 6:15. It's no big deal. Plus, they get it. I'm pretty sure everyone at work knows I have two kids both under the age of three." Bobby assured me.

As we walked in I noticed everyone talking.

We made it. I thought to myself as we sat down at a table in the middle of the room.

Soon enough waiters were coming and we were choosing from the four appetizers and three entrees.

"Reminds me of a wedding, how this whole thing is set up." I whispered to Bobby, not wanting the people around the rest of the table to hear.

We all made small conversation as we waited for our food. Asking the usual questions: What do you do? How long have you been married? How many kids do you have?

Almost everyone at the table knew my name, I'm guessing not so much from hearing me on the radio as Bobby must talk about me quite often at work. Knowing that, I wasn't sure if I should be embarrassed or happy.

After finishing our food, the announcements and award portion started. I pretty much dozed off during it because none of it really interested me at all.

Bobby suddenly placed his hand on my knee and the sudden warmth practically made me jump. He was really just lightly rubbing my knee, but I knew he was planning something.

I fidgeted under the table, hoping he'd get the message and stop. "Not here." I whispered to him.

"What?" he practically mouthed, barely uttering a sound. Acting all innocent as usual.

I looked at him, my expression saying "As if you don't know."

He ignored it though, keeping his hand resting on my knee and softly, lightly stroking it. I hated when he played games like this.

I ignored him, hoping that not getting a reaction would make him stop. He continued, though. I would've just let it be until he started moving his hand up and I completely stiffened.

I quickly grabbed his hand and took it off my leg. "Not here." I said, trying to give him a look that told him I was serious, but I think I failed.

Suddenly a melody came to me and I knew I had to record it on my phone. These things come and annoy you until you have to get it put on paper or recorded and then they leave in a snap and don't come back.

I slowly got up, whispering to Bobby as I stood. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be back soon."

I quickly headed to the bathroom and walked in. It wasn't too bad looking in here. I looked under the stalls for any feet, luckily no one was in there.

I hummed the melody and recorded it. I recorded it again to be sure I had it and then went onto an app. Kind of the replacement of Twitter. I hadn't gone on social media very often since I was pregnant with Ness. I only went on every now and then now, I'd been pretty busy ever since he was born.

I quickly took a selfie, adding a little phrase on there saying something about a bathroom. I then realized that the last time I'd been on here was a month ago, and felt a little guilty.