32 Valentino

Even though I know Kee is right about being too overprotective with the boys, I can't help but feel a panic rising when they are out of my sight since the kidnap of the kids. I know I am not the only one that feels this way, still, I want them to grow up like the other kids. I know their growth will be stunned if I keep interfering.

Looking out the large bay window, I can't fight the smile on my face as I hear children's battle cries as they race by and I am delighted to see Trevor chase after them. What worries me a bit is that Thomas or Toby are not with him.

[They is hiding daddy, we has to find them.]

I am glad that all of them are participating in this new way of training and honing their natural skills. Even though there is a mix of predator and prey shifters in the groups, they seem to get along just fine. They are finally starting to find a way to control their shifting. There have been fewer incidents occurring when the kids get angry or are distressed with one and other.

A triumph holler sounds from a distance and by the echo, I can tell that is Trevor followed by a painful jowl from Leah. 

He managed to catch her! 

A happy smile has my lips curl up and I feel utterly proud of him to be able to catch her as she is older and a lot faster.

[That's my boy!]

A feeling of pride washes through our private link as Thomas and Toby and Kee are all more than delighted that he is coming out of his shell since the kidnap. "Highness?" Turning away from the window, I look at Riley who is bowed before me with two humans, who are looking quite nervous.

Damn it, already that time

Showing no outward emotions, I stride forward towards my throne and sit down, mentally preparing myself for another few hours of mindless prattle of the cattle standing in front of me. Regardless that Kee is -- was human, they are still cattle in my eyes, well, not all humans, but the majority is. 

Leaning my chin on my left fist, I slouch staring intently at the two fidgeting humans, who keep stealing glances at each other and Riley who stands in their midst. Looking calm and collected like most of my Personal Guards.

Ex-Guard, now that he is our human liaison officer together with Archon. Pity really.

As I muss over the fact that I still need to replace him, I only pay half attention to what the humans are saying and nearly miss the most important part. Snapping upright at once, I ignore the startled human cries, knowing that my eyes are glowing in anger. Needless to say, I don't need to speak to Riley as he is already moving the humans out of my sight.

The anger inside me burns through my veins and brings Kee running to meet me. A worried look at my face, he keeps quiet as he rises his pace to a slight jog to keep up with me as I storm through the corridors slamming doors open with such force that they crack against walls or snapping down the middle.

WHY  DIDN'T  SHE TELL ME THIS BEFORE?!?!?!

[Probably because it was not the right time for you to know about this.]

Kee's calm answer has me stopping in my tracks, his gaze is steady as he looks at me. Silently I still marvel at the fact that I am no longer alone in this and that he is still by my side through it all. He keeps me on my toes and does question some of my decisions and is not afraid to voice his opinion, quite vocally.

So glad you're my Queen

The blush on Kee's cheeks is so cute I have to kiss him. A soft sigh escapes his lips at our connection and his arms wrap themselves around my neck.