-179-

The Marauders definitely had ugly Christmas sweater contests; they would all try to outdo each other. 

Remus would start it out, with an eyesore green sweater with cotton balls all over it and blinking lights.

James comes along with a gigantic sweater that is completely golden and sheds sparkles every time he walks. It's got tassels and mistletoes hanging from every square inch. ("Ha Evans, now if you get near me, you have to kiss me!" "James, we're dating, you could just ask.") James also has bells that are so loud that McGonagall almost stops class to tell him to take that hideous thing off, but she quite enjoys this tradition so she lets it be.

Sirius, of course, enchants his to make it smell and the other boys refuse to be seen with him because "Oh Merlin, Sirius, you smell like Peter's attempts at baking cake." His sweater is bright green and red plaid, and has little pictures of trolls in Christmas hats that are enchanted to dance across the fabric. James has to admit it is an amazing piece of spellwork.

Peter comes downstairs one day with a sweater that only has one thing on it - a picture of Snape. ("Because he's ugly inside and out!")

Peter is the unanimous winner.

-/-

A little something longer and festive as Christmas is near!

📚⚡️📚