A Beautiful View

Chapter 5

Guy and I walked out of the hotel out into the streets of Paris.

"Soooo where are we going?"

He stayed silent and looked ahead he was obviously not in the mood for talking so I shut up.

After a long, and I mean very long walk Guy finally stopped, I looked over at him and he was looking up, I turned my head to see what he was looking at and there it was, The Eiffel Tower.

I gasped, "Oh my, Guy it's so beautiful"

I was mesmerized by it's beauty I couldn't turn away, I tried to soak up every detail of its beauty because I knew after this trip was over I'd go back to my old life and this would all just be a memory and I'd never see it again

Once I was finally able to look away, I turned to Guy who was still staring at it, his sky blue eyes glistening in the light of the tower, I couldn't help but be captivated by them. He caught me staring and slightly turned away as if embarrassed, I looked back up at the huge monument and wondered what it'd be like to be up there, to be able to see all of Paris from up there.

While I was deep in thought Guy started walking again this time towards the entrance of the tower. I hope he isn't really gonna take me up there, I have a terrible fear of heights. Don't get me wrong though I'd love to see the view up there I just don't think I'd make it up there without having a panic attack.

I walked up next to him and asked, "Guy where are we going?" he pointed up at the tower, "We're going up" and he pulled me into the elevator that would take us up.

At this point, I was on the verge of a breakdown I was literally hyperventilating while looking down at the floor that got smaller as we went higher. I clenched the handrails as tightly as I possibly could and closed my eyes hoping I would live through this.

For a moment I had completely forgotten about the fact that Guy was here in this elevator with me and was instantly mortified, Guy was trying to do something nice for me and here I am ruining the moment by freaking out. I opened my eyes hoping Guy hadn't seen me freak out, as soon as I opened my eyes they instantly dropped down to the floor and I started freaking out again Guy pulled my face up to his face, "don't look down "

"I can't"

"Focus on me, don't look down" I looked at him and tried to calm down a bit. I focused on his face, and I actually felt better. I kept looking into his blue eyes which were so gentle and suddenly I forgot where I was until we heard a ding indicating that the elevator ride was over. For a split second our eyes lingered on each other until we looked away and walked out.

The view from up there was breathtaking I had never ever seen anything like it. Guy took my hand in his and we went close to the edge, well as close as I could get. In that moment, I literally felt as if I was on top of the world and for a moment I was completely calm and the height didn't bother me as much anymore, I felt, in that moment invincible, like everything was just right.

Guy's POV

I'm gonna tell her I like her I told myself as we stood on top of the Eiffel Tower

I have to tell her

You're not gonna tell her I know it

Yes I am

No you're not...

We stood side by side enjoying the view, Teresa was glowing she was ecstatic she was as beautiful as the sight we were enjoying right now.