LETTER TO BEST FRIENDS

No number of pinky promises will make us stay and that's just how life works!
College! What a nightmare it had seemed like right from the last day of school till the night before the orientation. What would the seniors be like? Is it true what they say about bullying and ragging? What would it be like to not wear a uniform every day? How overwhelming it had all seemed! But everything changed on the first day when I sat down and looked around to see you, equally nervous!
What would I have done without you? Think of all those lectures which we spent doodling and drooling. How much more boring they would have been without you. Think of all the exams you would have failed if it weren't for me. Okay fine, you too, taught me a chapter or two sometimes! Think of all those moments we spent waiting for a seat in the canteen. How lonely it would have been without you!
It feels like these few years have been a long, endless session of laughing and staying up nights and I wouldn't trade them for the world. But they wouldn't be even half as much fun without you and I will be forever grateful for it!
But like all good things, even our days of silliness and fun had to end. Soon, we will graduate. We will finally have legitimate jobs and not unpaid internships. We will go for brunches and not clubbing nights. We will probably have black coffee instead of our regular Oreo milkshakes. We will grow up!
And so, we will drift apart and no amount of pinky promises is going to save what we have. We've been the best of friends for these few years that I will grow up and tell my grandchildren about and yet, I know we won't meet regularly after graduation. So, let's enjoy this while we can and let's probably attend at least the last few lectures?
Love,
Your best friend!