Dying

I got to my front door in moments,  stopping to call Stefan as he always knew what to do in situations such as these; and to be honest I was so scared.

He answered the phone after only two rings,

"Hello Caroline."

He greeted in a calm voice.

I bit my lip, scared to tell him what happened.

I then responded, my voice cracking slightly

"Umm, Stefan? Tyler bit me.."

He paused slightly, obviously collecting himself before he responded,

"Oh no Caroline are you okay? I have to call Klaus immediately!

"No Stefan, don't. I really am not in the mood to see him right now."

I snapped at him.

He huffed,

"Caroline are you crazy?! If you don't drink his blood you will die!"

 I clenched the phone in my hand then screamed,

"Fine!"

  I then hung up my phone, I started rummaging through my bag looking for my house key, after a few fumbles around and curses under my breathe I finally managed to find it. Suddenly a rush of hunger ran through me, not being able to control myself anymore I walked to the road and waited for a car to come. One slowly drove towards me so I move to the middle of the road and stood in front of the car. As it got closer I laid down on the road and waited, the tires squealed as the car came to a halt. The driver got out of the car, I could tell that it was a female and that she had red hair and look like she was in her early twenties I closed my eyes. 

She saw me and screamed then worriedly she said,

"Oh my gosh, are you alright?"

 I just laid there, waiting for her to come closer to me.

 She walked up to me and knelt down at my side.

"Hello, are you okay?"

 Opening my eyes I looked at her and said,

 'No, you see I got bit by a werewolf. "

I compelled her to stand up and not to move out of that spot, I stood up as well and smirked.

 She looked at me, fear in her eyes,

"W-why can't i move?"

 I smiled then in a sarcastic way I replied,

"Its quite simple you see, I tell you to do something and you have to do it; now, don't scream. I'm simply starving."

I moved closer to her, my fangs came out as I pierced the vein in her neck. Mouthful after mouthful I took her blood once I got a tasty I couldn't stop. I kept feeding on her,  I heard a snap, moving my head away I realized that I had just ripped her head off. I fell to the ground crying, I grabbed her head and tried to put it back on the body, it didn't work.

 "Caroline,  love."

I could tell who it was before I even looked, there is only one person in this whole world that called me 'love' and it was Klaus.

"Oh dear, it seems that you have gotten yourself in a bit of a sticky situation."

I turned to him and said angrily,

"Klaus this is your fault, because of this stupid sire bond that you have with Tyler he had to bite me because you told him to! Now i'm dying."

He let out a deep, throaty chuckle,

"Thy thing is Caroline, Tyler broke the sire bond already. But, you already new that. So it obviously wasn't me telling Tyler to do anything, he did it himself."

I went to reply with a snarky comment but I was too weak, my vision blurred slightly and I felt tired,  I fell to the ground. Klaus looked at me then slowly walked over to me, picking me up in his arms.

He carried me to the front door then he said,

"Where is the key?"

I released my hand from a fist showing him the key, he took it from me. He unlocked the door then put me into the house.

 "Caroline, you have to invite me in." he said demanding. 

In a raspy voice I said,

"Come in."

 He walked in and put his arm around my waist lifting me up. He helped me up the stairs, to my bed and pulled the cover over me. He looked at me then gently moved a piece of hair out of my face with his fingers and tucked it behind my ear. I smiled at the touch of his hand I didn't want to admit it but Klaus isn't as bad as everyone thinks, he's just lonely.

He looked at me, a little disappointed.

"Caroline, I can't believe you would think that I would try to kill you. Am I that bad of a person?"

 I looked away,

"Yes"

He looked really hurt at my response,  maybe there is some humanity left in him after all.

He whispered in my ear,

"If I wanted you dead I would have killed you the first day that  I met you." he smirked.

I shivered as he spoke, he then laid behind me resting my head on his chest. I started to not be able to breath gasping for as much air I could and the room started to turn black. Klaus then bit into his wrist, I could smell the blood and feel myself start to regain consciousness again. He shoved his wrist into my mouth i started to drink he let out a deep breath as I keep drinking his blood. He stroke my hair with his hand then I slowly released his wrist from my mouth he then stood up.

He smiled then looked at me with his beautiful blue eyes,

"You should probably get some rest now Caroline."

 I smiled up at him,

 "Thank you."

"For what?" he asked sarcastically.

I bit my lip then said,

"For saving my life again."

He leant down and kissed my forehead,

"I will always save you Caroline."

 He started to walk away  but before he could i grabbed his hand, he looked back at me.

"Will you stay here with me tonight?"

I asked in a quiet voice.

He smiled,

"No Caroline because I am that bad of a person"

In an instant he was gone.

A few minutes later Stefan walked in and asked,

''How are you doing?''

 I was too happy to see him I smiled ''I'm fine just a little tired i've had a rough day you know''

He chuckled ,

''Well then I should leave you so you can get some sleep.''

I looked at him  '' No Stefan, please stay with me .. I don't want to be alone.''

He smiled,  '' It would be my honor.''

I laughed then watched him walk around to the other side of the bad then crawled under the blankets. He looked at me and smiled I moved closer to him resting my head on his chest..

"You know Stefan, I don't know what I would do without you."

He laughed as I said that.

''Shh Caroline you need to sleep.'' he told me, obviously concerned for my well being.

 He wrapped his arm around me and kissed the top of my head, he stroked my hair the same way Klaus did. I didn't understand why I was thinking of Klaus when Stefan was here,  I quickly shook the thought away.. as I started to drifted off to sleep I thought to myself for the first time in a long time I felt safe, I smiled as i fell asleep to Stefan's breathing.