1 - one

The world was ending.
It really was.
"You can't do that!" Feliciano gasped.
"I can do whatever I want." Ludwig's low voice replied. "Checkmate."
"Boo, you're no fun. I'm sure you cheated." Feliciano was a little put out by the fact he was beaten in chess by the large German. Again.
"Feliciano, shut up and stop whining." Lovino, Feliciano's brother, yelled from the sofa.
"Uughh, Lovi, Ludwig sooo cheated." Feliciano shot back adamantly.
Ludwig snorted. "Feliciano, you're going to have to admit that you lost sometime. I don't cheat, you're just terrible."
Feliciano stood up and kicked the chess board.
"Succhiare il mio cazzo, Ludwig." He mumbled and stalked out.
Lovino fell off the sofa.

Things were pretty normal in the house tonight. It was Alfred's night to make dinner, but he had just ran for takeout. Again.
"This is horrible Chinese food!" Yao, who was in fact Chinese, protested, as he poked at the sweet and sour chicken.
"Whatever, dude," Alfred replied. "If you don't like what I make, then you are most welcome to take over my nights."
"Don't like what you made?! Alfred, you bought Panda Garden and put it on fancy dishes. I could've done much better." Arthur interjected from across the table. "I don't see why no one will let me make dinner! I am perfectly competent."
"Yeah, just tell yourself that, my man." Alfred replied, around a mouthful of rice.
"Manners, Alfred, manners!"
Feliciano rested his head on his hand. Every night was the same. He, his brother, and Ludwig all lived in a house with seven other people. It was usually fun, but sometimes, it was like this.
"This is terrible!" Yao protested shoveling noodles into his mouth. "Absolutely awful!"
Feliciano twisted the noodles he had on his plate. This is why he usually ate in his room.
"Alfred! Don't eat all the fried doughnuts! I want some!" Lovino burst. Alfred looked guilty as he shoved another one in his mouth.
"Sorry bro."
"Ugh! You idiota!" Lovino lunged across the table knocking over a open bottle of soy sauce.
"Manners!"

It was always World War III when it was time for the dishes to be done. Usually everyone fought over who was going to do what, while Matthew, who was super quiet, just did them. Feliciano sometimes helped Matt, because he felt bad for the poor guy. He didn't really have any friends, and he was so overshadowed by his brother, Alfred, that most people forgot he was even there. Today, Feliciano was in a terrible mood so he went straight to his room.
He shared the small space with his older brother, Lovino, who was 23, two years older than Feliciano. His side was neat and tidy, while Lovi's was a pigsty.
Sighing, Feliciano began collecting the dirty laundry that had crept onto his side of the room and deposited the pile into the hamper.
He straightened the bedsheets on both beds and collected candy wrappers that dotted the floor. After surveying the somewhat clean room, Feliciano plopped on his bed and pulled out his phone. He scrolled through Facebook. His feed was mostly a mixture of art, Italian recipes, cat pictures, and dumb memes Alfred posted. As he scrolled, a profile that was in his "recommended friends" section caught his eye. It was Yao. But Yao didn't have a Facebook. He claimed he was "too old" for Facebook, despite the fact that he was the same age as the rest of them. He clicked on the profile and examined the profile picture. The man looked like Yao, but his eyes were red. The profile depicted him looking menacingly into the camera. He was wearing a black sleeveless changshan with the neck unbuttoned, which would have drove Yao crazy. The sleeveless changshan showed off the mans arms, the left was inked with a dragon tattoo. Feliciano scrolled down the man's page. There he was with a sword. On his head was a Chinese military cap. Was that? Feliciano zoomed in. Yep. That was the Soviet Union Communist symbol on his hat. Weird. Another picture showed him with a fluffy red panda. That was the only picture where he was smiling. Feliciano scrolled up. Wang Zao. That was his name. Wang Zao. He even had the same last name as Yao. Wang Yao, Wang Zao. Maybe he was Yao's brother, but Yao never mentioned anything about a brother. Feliciano shrugged. He returned to scrolling through his feed.

Before Feliciano closed out the app, he noticed he had a new friend request. Opening it up, his heart stopped cold.
Luciano Vargas wants to be friends with you on Facebook.
Luciano Vargas looked exactly like Feliciano, but he wasn't Feliciano.