prologue

"I'm sorry, I can't do this anymore." I turned off the camera and started to cry. Every tear containing all my pain. Tonight is the night that all of this will end. I can finally be happy. I went to the bathroom, took out the bottle of pills I’ve been hiding, and chugged down every single one of them. I went around my house, going into every single one of the rooms, just one last time.

I came across my parents' room and lay down on their bed; I could smell my father’s cologne, and my mother’s perfume. While looking around, I found a picture of when I was a little girl. I was about 5, and we were at Disneyland. My mom and I were on the teacups, where I was smiling so hard, and looked so happy. My mother, she looked so beautiful. I wish I could go back to that moment. Right now, it was just my time to go.

My eyes started to get fuzzy, my breathing started slowing down. And then, I heard a voice. "Tessa!" It sounded like a woman's voice. I heard someone coming up the stairs. Suddenly the door swung open. I couldn't see who it was, but it was very clearly a woman. "TESSA!" the woman ran to me, and hugged me. She quickly grabbed the phone somewhere near my side and dialed a number. The last thing I saw was the woman's face. My mother’s face.