A Letter of Reassurance

Sunday December 3rd

Dear Lilly,

Hi.

It's your boyfriend, Dom. And I understand what you mean by the good weird feeling, I feel it too! I'm Lilly's boyfriend! Wow.

Anyway, I'm so glad to have gotten your letter and I love you expressing your feelings to me. I'd also love to write you a letter back and express my feelings to you. So, here I go, I guess...

I agree that our relationship is getting really serious, and it might surprise you to hear this, but I'm also really scared. I'm scared of getting hurt too.
I know you and I know how wonderful you are, you would never hurt me, intentionally or unintentionally, and I know you know that I would never hurt you either.
But that's the thing with fear, it's irrational, it feeds off of a tiny insecurity in our minds and turns our silly little worries into terrifying fears.

The way I get through this is by looking at you. You are so beautiful, so radiant, so kind, happy, and lovely, you are my favourite person on the entire earth!That keeps me grounded. Nothing you could ever do could scare me away and that is how I have faith. In us, and in our relationship.
It is hard, I know, but I have faith in you, everlasting faith and I believe that one day we will overcome our fear. Together.

Anyway, I didn't see you today, and I missed you so very much! We were both really busy and both achieved a great deal, and I can't wait to celebrate with you!

I'm so glad you loved our anniversary! I put a lot of thought into what you would enjoy, and I'm glad you did enjoy it!

I hope this letter makes you feel a little better, and I hope you don't feel scared much longer.

Forever Yours,
Your boyfriend,
Dominic Sandoval.