Engaged

This'll simply be a montage of things that happen during Sans and Grillby's engagement. Nothing too major, just small things here and there with so much fluff. It'll also get long pretty quick. I may end up breaking this chapter into parts. We'll see how it looks later.

One week after the engagement

I woke up cold. As I opened my eyes and took in my surroundings, my senses slowly told me where I was. I sat up, spotting a self sustained tornado, endlessly twirling in a corner. To my right was a pile of socks, and in the middle of the room was a treadmill. My mattress squeaked underneath me, directing my attention to a ball of green sheets beside me.

My eye sockets went dark as my memory returned. I was on the surface, we all were. I was gonna move in with Grillbz...I was gonna...marry Grillby…! I jumped to my feet and rushed out into the hall. Peeking my head in Papyrus’ room, I saw him sleeping soundly with quiet “Nyeh's" filling the air. I closed the door softly, trying to calm down, but I couldn’t slow my soul’s pulse.

I closed my eyes again, trying to focus, but the floor beneath me became squishy and cold. Snow, I thought. But when I opened my eyes to check, I was greeted by a human child with a horrifying grin on their face. Dust was all over their clothes, the knife in hand stained blood red.

“Hiya Sansy,” Chara greeted, their smile growing as their eyes opened wide, ripping their face apart. Blackness swallowed what human features remained, eating away at their flesh.

They lunged forward at me, and I couldn't move, I was in frozen in place. And suddenly Papyrus was there, absorbing the blow. He was slashed, a cut running the length of his rib cage, head dusting as the rest of his body collapsed. His dust was everywhere. I snapped out of my shocked trance and screamed. I couldn’t stop screaming. Or crying.

Gaster blasters were at my back, taking turns firing at this demon. Bones were everywhere. Then, there was nothing. It’s cold, and suffocating. It’s so dark, and I can feel blood dripping from my burning chest. Chara killed us all, and I was completely useless. Predictable. Pathetic.

Grillby woke up to screaming. The moment he registered what the sound was, he bolted up, scanning the room of danger.

Worthless.

“Sans, wake up! It’s only a nightmare!” Grillby shook the little skeleton as steam left his eyes.

Alone.

“Sans!” He cried, pulling him into a tight embrace, flames burning hot.

The short skeleton jolted back, tears blurring his vision. He wiped his eye sockets, blinking the world into focus. “Grillbz?” Sans’ voice was weak and raspy from his violent screaming. His left eye burned blue, fresh tears beginning to well in his eyes.

Grillby yelped when Sans tackled him, squeezing him so tight it was almost painful. “Calm down, it’s alright, just breathe. I’m here Sans.”

The skeleton lifted his head, staring at Grillby with such pain in his eyes.

“Are you alright? What happened?” Grillbz asked.

“Everything!” Sans buried his face in Grillby’s chest again, his body shaking violently. “We were back in the underground, and none of this was real. Frisk didn’t free us- they took everything from me- and Papyrus!” Sans began to choke as he sobbed, struggling to catch his breath.

“It was a nightmare.” Grillby whispered in a soothing tone. “I’m right here, everyone is safe. Everyone is alive.” He gently placed a kiss on Sans’ forehead, holding him close.