"What are you doing here?"

The shower handle gets flipped on, and steam slowly begins to fill the room. You go to your Spotify, and shuffle your playlist before stepping into the warm cascading water. "Fresh Eyes" by Andy Grammar begins to play, as if the universe knew what you needed to hear. Your heart races, thinking of your 'stranger' you were inexplicably falling for. "It's only been one day! Calm down!" You were getting annoyed with yourself. Once finished with your morning routine, you grab your coffee cup, and leave with a quiet goodbye. Ready for a day of classes and work with a smile plastered on your face. Your 'old man', oversized sweater protecting your body from the autumn winds, and a chambray collar peeking out from the neck. A messy knot sitting on top of your head. A perfect, cozy ensemble for you doing what you love. Most people groan with the idea of going to work, but you adored your job. The dark, enchanting wood, encasing the never ending supply of books made your heart flutter. It was getting through the monotone lectures that would nearly be the death of you. Finally, you made it through the day. "Hi, Etta!" You greet your boss, one of the sweetest ladies you'd ever met. "Hello, Y/N! How are things?" She was more of a grandmother, asking about your classes. Making sure you weren't too overwhelmed. Also, making sure you hadn't gone too long with out eating. "Things are good. I met someone." The smile on your face indicating your feelings. "Oh! Tell me all about him! Or her. I won't judge." Her glasses falling from the bridge of her nose, but caught by her intricate glasses holder around her neck. "His name is Tom. He's sweet, and British, and a true gentleman." "Well, he sounds like the perfect man!" Etta exclaims. "So far so good. We've only had one date, but it seems promising. Um, what did you need me to do today?" You changed the subject. "For right now just relive James from the circulation desk. Maybe some shelving later. Just be ready to help students as necessary!" Her hands lightly hit the desk. "Ok, I'll see you later, Etta." A small wave, and you were off to work. You were perfectly content to sit and read, awaiting further instructions. Too immersed in your study of the DSM-5 to notice a figure in front of your desk. He clears his throat, asking for your attention. "Yes, sir so sor—" you push your big glasses back up your nose, and look up to see him. "Hi!" Breathless and quiet not to disturb anyone, your focused expression is replaced with a look of adoration. "What are you doing here?" You ask. "Well, I knew you loved books. I just took a shot." Tom shrugs. "You work here?" "Yes! I love it." Your conversation staying in a hushed tone. "I should have known. What time do you finish up, Darling?" Your heart skipped a beat in his presence. "I have 30 minutes left. Did you want to do something?" Praying to God he said yes. Your wish was granted. "Of course! I'll be back in a bit to pick you up." He kissed your hand before rushing off. Etta rushed from her office to your desk. She was fast for an older woman. "Was that him?" Her eyes wide. "Yes," You laugh. "Oh, he's handsome." Only reflecting your same thoughts. "Calm down, Etta! You're married!" You joked. "Well, Honey, Gerald doesn't look like that anymore." Her comment earning another quiet laugh from you before she walked off. Hardly able to focus on your reading, questions about your next date kept distracting you, only making you giddier.

"Alright, Y/N, get out of here." Etta nodded her grayed head towards the exit. She was letting you go a bit early, but of course you didn't mind. You give her a quick hug before grabbing your textbook, and throwing your bag over your shoulder. "Thanks, Etta. Bye!" Tom's car pulled up just as you left the building, and you hopped up on the passenger seat. "Hi!" You grin at him. "Hello, Love." He leaned in and kissed your cheek. His kiss wasn't the only one to grace your cheek. Promptly a wet pup kiss swipes along your jaw. "Well, hi there!" You greet the sweet staffy. "This is Tess. Glad to see you like dogs." He introduced you. "I love them." Placing a kiss on her head. You tap your hands on your lap, and she jumps from her place in the backseat to snuggle with you. "She seems to love you too." His smile wide as he drove. Tom spent the drive asking you about your day, loving the sound of your voice. "So, How was your day?" You finally ask, rubbing Tessa's head. "Um, yeah, it was good. Filming was rough. I had a few intense scenes and stunts and things." He explained, pulling into a parking spot. "Oh." Not fully realizing what it was he did for work. He came over and opened your door while you were still in thought. You decide to brush your thoughts aside, and take his hand, getting out of the car. "Come on, Tess. Come on, Darling!" Tom played with her. Turning around, you take in your surroundings. Red, orange, and brown leaves all around you, and downtown Atlanta providing the background noise to you outing. You took a deep breath, happy to be out of the stuffy indoors.