Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Breanne POV

Ugh. Shawn's been trying too hard to get with me. The school year just started and I made a promise to myself that I'd only have the best. This was the new me. I can't just fall for anyone ya know.

I walked to the front gate of Emma's  house and showed the people that came the way to the party site behind the backyard. Some came holding invites in their hands, other didn't. Then one guy came with a bag that looked pretty filled.

"Hi um what's in the bag?" I said stepping in front of him and crossing my arms.

"Move it cupcake. I've got the stuff that Emma wanted." the tall guy said.

"Oh really?!" I said raising my eyebrow. "Now I'm gonna ask you again, what's in the bag?"

He pushed his dark hair up with his hand, still gripping the big bag with the other hand. "Look I talked to Emma before and she knows my parents own a vineyard so I brought some wine. Now can I go in?"

I smirked at him and opened my mouth to respond when someone called my name. I turned around, seeing a figure running towards me. As it got closer I could see who it was. Shawn. He called my name once again, he seemed out of breath.

"Shawn... Look I know you're trying to help but I can handle myself here." I said.

"No....Bre..." I cringed at him saying that. "Emma... Invitation only...Don't let anyone else in...You already did." He said catching his breath.

"Oh my god I totally screwed up! Emma's  gonna kill me!" I said, pushing my ombred hair out of the way. I turned back to the tall guy. "Invite?" He rummaged in his pocket until he could find the piece of paper and handed it to me. I looked at it and it was clearly an invite that Emma would make. I gave it back to him and walked to the back with Shawn, carrying the big bag. I sighed and continued to let people in. Jerks I kept saying in the back of my mind. Eventually, people stopped showing up and it started to get dark so I decided to head back to the party.

Lights were flashing, people were swimming, it looked amazing! I saw Lavinia, Lila, and Madison swimming in the lake so i decided to join them. I took off my tank top and shorts, revealing my victoria's secret bathing suit. I was about to go in when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around, angry as fuck, to see the tall guy again.

"Hey" he said, putting on a smile.

"Hey" i said back. He put one of his hands out towards me and offered me a drink. I took it and sipped some.

"Nice party right?" he said.

"Yeah I guess... so do you go to BHS?" I asked him.

"BHS?" He looked confused, i began to say something but he cut me off. "Ooh Buckwell High!" he said, laughing a bit.

"The one and only." I laughed taking another sip.

"Yea I was going to but my parent's didn't like it. I'm going to PPHS...Podder's Prep." He took a sip.

- Buckwell High School is a public high school but you need a GPA of 3.5 or higher from middle school. Podder's Prep is an all male private school that many smart kids go to. Woodloft High School is public for people with a GPA of 3.4 or less. There is also an all girls private school, Mersha Day Academy. -

"Well I'm gonna uh go talk to my friends I think they were calling me. Thanks for the drink though!" I smiled.

"Wait i never caught your name!" The tall boy said.

I laughed a bit, "I guess it's a mystery."
I walked away from him, setting the drink down at the nearest table. Then, I walked to the pier that disappeared into the lake. Running, I held my breath and cannon-balled in. My friends started laughing and we all just talked for a while.

"So who was that cute guy you were talking to?!" Madison asked.

"Guys stop nothing is going on with me and him! I don't even know his name..." I could feel my face getting red.

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU WERE TALKING TO? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" Carly said, watching me shake my head. She came closer to us, whispering. "That's Justin Bieber. Super rich, his parents own the Dallas Vineyard with Cameron Dallas's parents! Star quarterback, awesome surfer?" My jaw literally dropped.

"Oh my god no way!" I said.

"Yes way!" Lila said and we all started to laugh. "You're so lucky that he's talking to you! I heard he had a pretty bad breakup with his last girlfriend and since then he's been a player."

"Honey I'll take what I can get." The she devil said, coming out of nowhere. None of us were really friends with her but she always showed up somehow.Out of nowhere, someone jumped in and water came splashing on us. Then more and more people came in and we started a chicken fight. Girls against boys. Obviously, the girls one.