Memory V: Punishment

Lower demons were dead within the demon clan, a portion in the castle was left burned, many knightd were left injured and it was unimaginable that second orince could do such...

Estarossa was trembling, fear devouring him this time as he was before his father. He hadn't faced him since he was younger, and now he understood why Meliodas never let him.

He was kneeling in front of him, he couldn't look up to him, tears falling down his cheeks hating himself so much.

"It's been a while Estarossa." His father knelt down to his level, wiping the boy's tears, lifting his face to meet his eyes. The fear he was feeling was terrible, it was as if it was better if he died than facing this man.

"I'm going to remove the collar, but it'll hurt so much." Whatever pain he goes through he felt like he'd deserve it. Yet, the pain was excruciating, as black flames devoured his body.

He screamed, the heat pentrating even his bones, feeling like his flesh was being burned and stab by millions of neddles. He was thrashing around, wanting the pain gone, no matter how hopeless. Yet beyond the pain, and his suffering, his ears weren't making a fool of him...

His father was laughing, cruel and cold as if he was enjoying himself... he couldn't believe that someone could be so evil...

"Stop it!" The flames desappeared, his whole body was trembling violently, as he choke out a sob, his neck feeling like it was burning yet he could tell that the cursed collar was gone.

"It was my fault!" He thought there was nothing worse than feeling that pain, yet as he saw his older brother standing in front of him he was scared.

"I've already noticed that the goddesses had tresspassed our land, however I couldn't find them... my incompetence place both Zeldris and Estarossa in trouble...  If I had captured them earlier... none of this could have happened." He wanted to stop his brother from talking.

No...no...no, Meliodas please don't!

"I didm't notice the absolute order as well although Estarossa was under my supervision." The tears wouldn't stop falling now, as he wanted to claim the mistake himself. Yet he couldn't speak, his throat hurts, only the tears could tell what his tongue wishes to speak.

"Very well... I'll see you in my throne room this instance, Meliodas." The demon king desappeared by then, yet the pain wouldn't leave any time soon.

"Understood." Estarossa reached out, managing to grab his brother's anckle, his grasp was weak and tremblingq yet it didn't escape the blonde's notice. Meliodas turned his head to look down unto his brother. He knelt, wiping his tears away as the younger prince kept shaking his head, lipping countless 'no's as his voice refuse to let him speak.

"It's alright." He smiled sadly, stroking his hair. "I'm used to it."

His world fell apart.

~

"Your majesty!" Cusack called out, Estarossa refusing to listen to him as he marched toward Meliodas' room.

"Your majesty!!!" He just couldn't settle down with what happened, his father wouldn't even hesitate to hurt him like that. How about Meliodas? What did the king do to him?

Before he could even reached his room, Zeldris welcomed him with a punch on the face. Cusack held him back, as Zeldris kept screaming at him yet Estarossa ignored it. He desrved that anyway, he couldn't care less.

"God damn you Estarossa!" Zeldris screamed, struggling from Cusack's grasps wanting nothing but to hurt Estarossa so badly.

"Why do you kept getting Meliodas in trouble?! Why do you kept screwing things up! It might have been better off if you never exist!" Kept? He kept placing Meliodas getting into trouble? It was the first time he did right? He hadn't done something too badly right?

"What do you mean...?" Zeldris laughs, hating his ignorance so badly.

"It was never the first time, little Esta." He never felt so horrofied hearing that. He quickly went to the blonde's room, heart beating quickly as started running. By the time he entered his room, guilt, hatred and pain was all that he felt.

His beloved older brother was laying on his bed, unconcious, Chandler crying beside his bed. Blood stains the bed, his whole body wrap in bandages as he looks terribly pale and pained.

He didn't deserve it...

Meliodas' kindness...

~

Meliodas really means it, he was used to the punishments, he could easily ignore the pain yet what he couldn't ignore was the fact that his younger brother was missing. Barely healed up, he searched everywhere, ignoring the pain, only concentrating in finding the silverette.

Yet no matter where he looks, not a mop of silver hair came into his sight. Only his brother and mother had beautiful silver locks so it should have been easy to find him, yet despite if that advantageous fact he couldn't find him.

"Estarossa!" He screamed, flying around the place, worried sick of his brother.

"Please! Please! Estarossa answer me!" He uttered aloud, looking for the silverette. He really meant it...

This was his fault.

Estarossa had been wanting to tell them, he had suffering from the guilt, yet he didn't notice...

He didn't fucking notice...

The goddesses were still out there, his brother was out there and he had no idea where neither both of them are.

All his efforts were obviously not enough, it was never enough, life just keeps demanding more when although you gave your best. With guilt written in his eyes, Zeldris ordered Cusack and convinced Chandler to lock Meliodas until he was fully healed. Despite of the youngest promising that he'd find Estarossa in his place, the blonde just couldn't settle down.

"It was my fault." Zeldris apologized. "I said that maybe it was better without him, that you wouldn't suffer without him... It was my fault."

He was guilty.

"It never was..." 

The day ended as the sun settled, the search went on although night had came... yet no matter how many, no matter how much, the prince still couldn't be found.

~~~~~~~~~~

Probably two or three more chapters and I'm ending this. With boredom by my side, it shouldn't take much time. 😂