1.9

[narration]

"why did you give him my address? couldn't you tell that it wasn't the real daniel talking to you?"

rin buried her face into her hands, letting a deep breath escape her lips that went pale from the overwhelming cold, "i.. i don't know! i thought it was the real daniel, it just sounded like how he would talk.. or, maybe i'm just going insane.."

"calm down, jaerin. i'm not blaming you, it's just that i brought you here as a way to protect you from daniel. but, now, discovering that he basically has two separate personalities and he doesn't even have free will over his own body.. i think i'm going insane just thinking about it, too.."

amidst the silence that clouded the atmosphere between the two, rin's eyes lit up and her head perked up.

jihoon noticed her sudden change in attitude, he bemusedly turned towards the girl, waiting expectantly for her to say something.

"earlier on, i asked daniel's inner demon why it wanted to tell me that daniel was the murderer, but it disappeared before i could get an answer." rin stopped to give jihoon a look, as if she was asking for his approval to continue talking. jihoon nodded for her to go on.

"so, maybe daniel was the one who texted me, it sounded so much like his way of speaking. he said he had something important he had to tell me, but he could only tell me face-to-face. i found it weird at first, but i remembered that when we were dating, he would always come to my house whenever he had something really important he wanted to tell me. he's the type of person who can only speak his mind when he's physically with you.

maybe daniel knows who the real murderer is, and he wanted to tell me. but, maybe his inner demon doesn't want him to tell me, so when it had the chance, it took control over daniel's body when daniel was coming over to your house so he wouldn't be able to tell me.

but, if his inner demon didn't want me to know who the murderer is, the identity of the murderer must have something to do with either daniel or me. because why would he not want daniel to reveal their identity to me if it had nothing to do with either of us?"

rin took out her mobile phone, and quickly scrolled up to reveal the messages daniel's inner demon sent her a few days ago.

stopping at the last two messages it sent, she turned the screen of her phone towards jihoon's face for him to read it.

"daniel:

but you don't have to worry about me, i'll find a way to get rid of daniel sooner or later.

daniel:

and in the process, why not get rid of you, too?"

a wide-eyed jihoon stared at the messages in pure shock, "why didn't you tell me about this earlier?"

"i just wanted to ignore it, so i didn't tell anyone about it, but that's not the point right now. the murderer must be connected to either daniel or me in some way.. i have to go find him, i need to know if i'm right!" rin jolted up from the blue sofa, and was about to bolt out of the front door until she realised that she didn't know how to get to daniel's house from jihoon's.

she would take a taxi, but she also didn't have any money with her at that moment. she locked all of her savings inside a cabinet inside her apartment, since she didn't think that she would need to carry around cash while staying at jihoon's place.