~Memories~{Pokemon Writting League}

"Pokemon have many experiences in their life, just like we do. I, too, have seen and suffered too much in my life. Since I am your elder, let me show you what I mean. I have been with Pokemon since before you were born. I do not lose easily. I, Pryce —the winter trainer— shall demonstrate my power!"

I kept saying those same words to these challengers, no matter who they were, what they were. I hope they one day learn to worship their life, because they sure had better past and better present, and maybe better future than I had. I wish they will know, one day, the meaning of life. And I want to be their example , so they won't make the same mistakes. My mistakes...
*
*
*
It was a cold winter night, I don't really remember, but I remember the storm, the thunder, the cold wind that was throwing the snow at me. This was Mahogany town routine in the winter season. It was such a peaceful town that winter was aiming at.

This was 70 years before today...

I was a lonely child with no one besides me. No brothers or sisters, no parents, no family, and no friends.

"There you've been hiding little Swinub!" I exclaimed when I had finally found him hiding in the snow.

"Sadly your color isn't white like the other Ice type Pokemon so I will always find you if you hide here" I laughed at him at the moment when I heard his sight.

We've been playing like this all winter, and sometimes, other Pokemon came out to play with us. And when winter ends, we went to the coldest place. The Ice path before Blackthorn city. They were my only friends. My only home.

Until one day, I was going to become a Pokemon trainer.

It was winter again, and while I was playing, as always with Swinub and our friends near the Lake of Rage, an old man came out of his house and approached us. "I have questions to ask you" the old man said with a firm voice.
Then I nodded.

Curiously, he asked me. "First of all, just how don't you get cold out there every day?"

"It's normal. I don't sense coldness anymore. I've been here since I was born." He didn't seemed surprised at all. If he knew the answer than why did he even asked?

He continued his questions list. "Now then, do you really love Pokemon?"
Than I looked at Swinub. Few more seconds of silence, then I nodded with a determination look on my face.

"So now I may leave this to you with my head in peace" the old man removed something from the inside pocket of his jacket.

"A poke ball?!" Being totally surprised, as he was talking, I started imagining if I could ever be a Pokemon trainer.

"This is yours. I hope you find your first partner soon" he murmured looking at the little Swinub.

"WOW THANK YOU!" With all this happiness in my deep cold heart, I gushed then I hugged him while he was trying to push me back.

He touched my cold arm then yelled. "Your hand is as cold as an ice rock! Come now inside my house!"

And he toke me, Swinub and me inside his house. This was the first person who cared for me. He didn't looked at me then turned his face, like all the others...

After I started living with gramps and even after officially catching my Swinub, I decided to challenge the Pokemon League and become the Johto champion so I could return everything gramps did for me.

Both Swinub and I left the Lake of Rage and went to Blackthorn city to battle the gym leader there.

On our journey from town to town, city to city, I've caught some ice type Pokemon on our way in the Ice path, and other water Pokemon in some other places.

A whole year passed and I have finally won all the gym leaders. I had eight badges with me, and my Swinub that had evolved into Piloswine. Before going to the Pokemon League, I wanted to announce to big news to gramps.

When we've arrived to the Lake of Rage in front of his house, I released Piloswine so gramps could see how Swinub got a lot better!

"Hey gramps! It's me! I'm finally back in town!" I exclaimed while I opened the door with Piloswine behind me.

"Huh... I am sorry but we are no gramps and eumm.... I guess it's the wrong house" a new voice ringed in my head.

"W...Who are you? Where is gramps? This isn't your house!" I exclaimed returning little by little from this house... His house... Our house.

"Oh you mean the old man who was living here? Sadly he died some months ago and we made a pact. After his death we would take his house" the young voice explained. This clarified everything...

"What... He died...?"

I ran to the lake and sat underneath a tree. I was at the fishing spot where we both fish in summer... My unconscious led me here. What does it mean? I wanted to beat the Pokemon League just for him... Now I don't have the power to do it. He pushed me forward all this time...

To conserve his memory, I have became the gym leader in Mahogany town and transformed it into an ice type gym.

Years passed and winter stopped being so harsh. It never got below zero degree anymore. Maybe because he left us...
*
*
*
"Hey Piloswine, I guess that we will finally follow him soon. You shared all your life with me, thank you! Sounds like the only thing that would be left of our live are those memories we incrusted in people's mind and heart. Thanks for everything... Gramps... I... Pryce... The teacher of winter harshness... Will meet you soon..."

This was my entry for PokemonWritingLeague