Prologue

“Get back here you stupid slut!”

I whimpered and kept running. My lungs were burning and my feet were on fire. I can't let them catch me. It was raining hard and I didn't know whether to be thankful or not. The rain would help wash away my scent but it was also making it hard for me to run. I kept slipping and I could barely see through the rain and tears.

Come on Heaven you can do this just keep going. I said to myself. Where was my wolf when I needed her? Oh that's right she's probably dead with all of the wolfsbane they've been forcing in me.

I came to a big wall and almost passed out. There was no way that I could climb this wall. Hearing shouts motivated me to run again. I kept running near the wall until I turned the corner and saw a gate. There were guards standing around and there was a big castle in the back.

“Heaven I'm going to kill you!” I jumped and kept running.

“Help please!” I knew I looked a mess. My dress was too small, my feet and arms were bloody from running in the woods and my face, well let's just say I know that I didn't look good. I ran to gate shaking on the bars.

“State your business.” I raised my hands. They had guns pointed at me and I didn't want to get shot with wolfsbane. They had cold looks on their faces.

“They're going to kill me! You have to help me.” I screamed.

I felt something hit my chest and winced. I looked down to see a dart with a feather at the end. I fell to my knees looking towards the woods. The last thing I saw were six red eyes glaring at me before everything went black.