Rebel

Word: Rebel

Wrong meaning being used: To get high, smoke weed, get drunk, fight for no reason, sneak out, party, pretend to be bad-ass, dress in little cloths, tattoos, piercings, ect. 

Actual meaning: A rebel is a person who stands up for their own personal opinions despite what anyone else says. A true rebel stands up for what they believe is right, not against what's right. It's not about smoking crack, drinking till you're rendered unconscious, or beating the crap out of anyone that crosses your path. It's all about being an individual and refusing to follow a crowd that forces you to think the same way they do even if it means becoming an outcast to society. True rebels know who they are and do not compromise their individuality or personal opinion for anyone. They're straightforward and honest and they will sure as hell tell it like it is. It isn't someone who rags on other cliques or openly does something stupid or rude to others. It isn't someone who follows some popular choice of style. It isn't someone who does drugs or drink. It's someone who can hardly stand out at all because they're lost in the sea of cliques. You simply cannot classify a rebel in any clique, because they follow their own dress code putting on and picking out what they think is cool and not wearing something because it seems punk or preppy. A rebel doesn't do something because it's hot for the moment or because it seems hardcore or something a rebel would wear. A rebel is there own person who has the strength to not go with the flow with the populars are idiots, they can think for themselves.

Example:  Martin Luther King Jr The reason why I use him for an example is because he stood up for what he believed in and didn't follow the crowd. He didn't let anyone change his mind and in the end became a hero.