Chapter 3: The Phone Call

Gwen's P.O.V.

I woke up to a man voice and then to another voice. I slowly open my eyes but quickly shut them from the light. Then I heard one of the voices say 'Thank you'. It sounded like Ben's . I opened my eyes to see Ben looking down at something. I moved my hand to get Bens hand. He didn't fight. He chuckled and smiled. He let my hold his hand. He finally stopped looking at what he was looking at and look at me. I smiled back. "Are you ready to go home?" he asked. "Yes!!!! I'm want to spend time with you." I said. "The doctor to let you get some rest and if something happens, then he wants you back into the hospital. Do you want to go to my house or yours?" He asked. "Your house." I said. I started to sit up but it hurt so much. I moved where I could get off the bed but Ben stopped me. "Woah Gwen. U got to wait for the doctor." He said. "Come on Ben. Please." I said. He shock his head no. The doctor came back into the room and said I was free to go. I stood but didn't have full control over my legs and almost fell but Ben caught me. He helped me stand up straight. "Come on lets go home." he said. I put my arm around his neck and he put his arm around my waist and we walked out of the hospital. The hospital wasn't far from his house. Half way there I started to feel dizzy. I started to lean towards the ground. Ben tighten his grip around my waist. "Gwen? You okay? Your kinda of falling." He asked. "No. I'm feeling dizzy." I said. He stopped walking and said "Do need me to call grandpa?" he asked. "No no no, I'm fine come on." I said. I got up and started to walk and then without a word I saw the ground rush towards me and I went into total darkness with someone yelling my name..............

Ben's P.O.V.

"Do u need me to call grandpa?" I asked Gwen. "No, No, No. Come on. I'm fine" she said. She just doesn't want me to know that shes hurt. UGH!!!! She got up and she started walking and with out any words she fell to the ground. "GWEN!!!!" I rushed to her side. She was out cold. I got out my phone and called Grandpa Max. A few minutes later I got off the phone with my grandpa.  I turned my attention back to my hurt cousin on the ground (who he secretly liked more than family).I pulled Gwen into my  arms and sat down on the ground waiting. Finely a few minutes, I saw the RustBucket pulled up. He ran inside the RV to be greeted by grandpa. I put Gwen on one of the beds in the back and went up front to where grandpa was. "So what happened?" Grandpa Max asked. I looked at him. I let out a sigh and told him what. A few minutes later, I  finally finished the story. "Wow, OK. So where did y'all need a ride to?" Grandpa max asked me. "My house Grandpa." I told him. "Ok. I cant stay to long at your house Ben, because I have to get back to the Plumbers Convention. Make sure to take good care of your cousin. She needs to rest and not move a lot. And your parents called me to let you know that they had to go out of town for a couple of weeks since you didn't answer your phone. Ok." He said stopping at my house. "Thanks Grandpa." I said hugging him. "Have fun at your convention." "Thanks Ben, and I will. If you need me just call me." I nodded and went to the back of the RV and picked Gwen up and said my finally good byes to grandpa and got out of the RV and went inside the house. I went straight to my room and laid my hurt cousin down on my bed. I sat down by her side and started thinking about my cousin. Shes really pretty when she's asleep. Of course I like my cousin but she would never love me back. I was thinking about her when she started to stir. "Ben?" she asked in a weak voice. "Yea Gwen!" I said. "What happened?" she asked starting to sit up but I could tell she was in pain. "You should really take it easy Gwen." I told her helping her to stay up. "I know Ben. You just been a big softy lately. Why?" She asked kinda of laughing. "Gwen I have to tell you something." I said. "Ok go ahead she said. I was about to speak when her phone rung.

GWEN P.O.V.

"Hello," I answered my phone it was my mom. "Hey sweatie i hope your ok. I wanted to let you know that me and your father got  a job in Washinton DC and we have to leave now. Do you want to come?" she said. I didnt know what to do. "You know what i dont want to go. Im sorry i want to stay year with Ben. How long would y'all be gone?" i told her. "Um about two years. Is that OK?" she answered. I felt like I was about to cry. "Mom you and dad go. What are you gonna do about the house?" I asked holding back my tears. "We paid it off for about a year. But while in Washington we'll find an apartment or something. Ok well I got to go bye love you." she said and clicked off. "Bye love you too." I held my phone  in my hand and started to cry. "What's wrong, Gwen?" I realized that Ben was still sitting there on the bed. "Its nothing." I put my head in my hands. I heard Ben sigh. "Gwen come on I'm your cousin and I hate to see you hurt, I can't stand it. Just tell me, Please." he said in a sad voice. "My mom and dad found a job in Washington and their gonna be gone for at least two years. They want me to go with them but I don't want to go so they said that I could stay with you." I stopped crying and looked at him. "Well my mom probably already knows but do you want me to go call her to make sure?" he asked. "No....I want you to be here with me." I told him. I started falling asleep I put my head on Ben's shoulder. I was finally asleep when I felt Ben  pick up and lay me down. He whispered 'Good night, Gwen' and kissed my forehead and laid down beside me and went to sleep.