Rosalinds POV chapter 2

On our walk back to my apartment I find out more about him, His name is Braxten and he's been an orphan since he was 3 apparently his aunt took care of him for 5 years then she kicked him out saying "He's a big kid and is ready to face the world alone" I look down at him and scowel "wait so you mean to tell me you're only eight and your aunt thought it would be okay to kick you out?" I say angrily, he nods softly and I shake my head. "Well you're coming home with me now, were also going to figure out what the hell happened to Victoria." He looks up at me and smiles, I tighten my grip on his hand as we walk past a dark alleyway I feel him start to slow down "We're almost there Braxten come on." He stops suddenly I look at him and notice his eyes are wide and he's pointing at the alleyway I look where he's pointing and all I see is a pair of bright blue eyes staring back at me.
I scream and yank Braxten's arm so he'll follow me. We get around a corner and I notice that I practically dragged him. "Shit little man, are you okay?" I say quickly. He looks up at me with a big goofy grin on his face "yeah chica I'm fine, you're a lot stronger than you look." I playfully stick my tongue out at him and look up, "Come on Braxten we're here."
I unlock my door and walk in. My apartment may be small but it's cozy, I have a dark brown couch and blue curtains, there's a white faux fur rug on the floor that I lay on sometimes. I breathe in deeply, the air smells like warm vanilla. I look down at Braxten and see the look of wonder in his eyes "Wow" he says seemingly breathless, "This place is amazing, Can I stay with you?" He begs, "Well duh that was kinda the point you goon." I ruffle his hair and walk him to his room. The guest bedroom has a queen size bed with a gray comforter and white curtains, I hear him gasp again "Really?" He says, "I can stay?!" I smile at him, "of course you can stay! You're family now, plus you need to help me find Victoria." He looks down thoughtfully then looks up at me again "Can I take a shower?" I laugh a little, "of course you can. When you're out we can go to the mall and get you some clothes. Okay?" I reply, "okay."