Part One, No Sequel

****Shockingly I do not own Neko Atsume. Just a heads up if you were confused****

 Pasty had been staring at this one red fish for sometime now. She had watched as it swam around the bowl. The red fins had glided through the water with elegance and grace. It was mesmerizing, and it had almost captured her full attention for hours. Except there was another far more distracting thing across from her.

His eyes had been glued upon for nearly the same amount of time hers had been locked on the fish. She had watched him out the corner of the fish's bowl. He had down absolutely nothing except watch her. It was in all honestly a tad bit unnerving.

What could he want?

...

He couldn't quite recall why he was watching her stare at a fish. Maybe it was because of the way her nose crinkled in absent minded concentration? Or her narrowed eyes? Or her...her... her everything! He couldn't really help but gaze over at her. She was adorable. Her soft colors made her stand out from the others. Her innocent smile had more than half the charm he had.

So maybe Chip could recall why he was staring at Pasty. That didn't mean he didn't feel a sinking fur ball of guilt weighing in his stomach. He really shouldn't be watching he like this. It was creepy and strange. He felt like a stalker, but he couldn't seem to tear his eyes away from her.

...

Pasty was getting impatient. Chip's eyes still hadn't left her since since she had gone to get food five minutes ago. She was now talking with Sunny in the corner of the yard.

"Why do you think he is still staring at me?" she whispered to the cat next to her.

Sunny rolled onto her back. "I don't know, Pasty. Why don't you just ask him?"

Pasty hadn't really thought of doing that, but now that Sunny had said it, it sounded near genius.

"Good Idea. I'll do it."

She wasted no time in walking over to the cap and saddle cat who lay on the cushion just ahead of her, leaving behind a very smug looking Sunny.

...

Chip had freaked out as he watched Pasty make her trek towards him. It was now he felt the guilt really settle inside him. Before she had even reached him, he had already created several ways he could apologize.

"Hi," she said when she reached him, climbing onto the cushion beside him.

"H-hello," he choked out because he was the epitome of smooth.

"You mind telling me why you've been staring at me?"

...

Pasty waited patiently for Chip to answer.

"I...um...you...I don't know I guess...It's just..." he let out a sigh," Ithinkyouareprettycute."

It took a moment for her to decipher his message. It was all rushed together and odd and mumbled, but as soon as she understood her eyes grew as wide as saucers.

"Oh," She said. "Oh. Oh. OH. You...like me."

Chip didn't say anything. His eyes now looked at anything but her. She took that as a yes.

"I mean that isn't so bad," she teased. She was grinning from ear to ear. "I guess I like you too."

She nudged him playfully and then situated herself so she was far more comfortable laying beside him. He too moved to get comfortable.

"I hope so," she heard him whisper.

...

Ha, Sunny thought, Spots now owes me five treats!