Vacation

"I can finally go on vacation!"
I shouted while looking at the surrounding area which only has trees in it. I can't even see the houses from here. I am happy right now but is also sad for I can't find what is missing with my works. I write novels but my fans said that there's something missing from it. What is it? That's why I've gone to vacation to find it! Yeah !

mission : Find The Thing You're Missing!

I carried my backpack which have my writing materials such as laptop and of course ! a notebook just in case there's no electricity and luggage full of my clothes and something. I then walk while surveying the area. It's been years since I came back to here. All my childhood memories flood in as I continued to walk.

I sigh in relief when i finally saw a house. I'm already exhausted for a lack of stamina because I'm always at my workshop not even leaving my seat and if I ever go out , i took a cab alright? The thing is, My hometown is kind of old fashioned for most of the houses is just made of wood and some are bricks and even have chimneys in it.

I already spotted some people as they greeted me and i greeted them back. This is one of the things i miss in my hometown as they're all friendly and won't stab you in the back for they are friendly. But watch out from the old ladies! Even your deepest secret will be known by all if they started talking about you! HAHA!

It is quite peaceful even if the surrounding are noisy as there are kids running and playing while the parents are also doing something or just chatting. I then walk to the familiar yet unfamiliar place for some of it also change as time passed by. I've been greeted by those people who saw me as I made my way to our house.

When I already am standing in front of our house, I hear my parents arguing so I just laughed when I heard the reason why they're fighting. Our house is one of those bricks with chimney installed, It's quite big for my family actually and I have a younger sister and still on her college away from our home and a little brother who's still only a ten year old kid.

We also have a gate but it's only about 1 and a half meter in height? yeah like that, it's just to fence off the goats from chewing the plants my father planted for there are vegetables and fruits mixed in. I entered and closed the gate, I then knocked on the door of our house and the shouting already stopped.

I then heard from the inside "Maybe it's our son, so go open it!" my mother shouted excitedly as I just smiled hearing them. The door then opened by my father who's thin and already got his hair white "My son! It's really you!" My father said as he hugged me tightly "well ! look at you father! still looking young!" I said but my father just messed my hair and said while smiling"This kid knows how to flatter now huh!" we then both laugh and I heard my mother shouted inside the house.

"Is that our son!" she said when she walk out from the room and saw me as she suddenly wipe her fingers from the apron she's wearing as she goes to our spot and looked at me from head to toe "Ah my son looks handsome now ! "as she then gave me a bear hug. "You too mom! you look beautiful and even sexier even from the simple clothes !" I said as she also broke to a smile but my father interjected.

"hmp! who's sexy! don't tell your mom that or she'll brag again!" said my father still holding a grudge and my mom then said "You won't get anything to eat this time!" well, the truth is my mom is a little chubby and i heard them fighting over what my mother would cook but father just said that it'll just be a simple meal with me why not make it grand but mother said otherwise.

"Okay stop now mom, father. Let's just go inside okay?" I said while the both of them also just remembered about it as they said "Ah , our bad, let's go then" I entered and saw that my lil bro is sleeping on the couch , i just smile and my mother said "Go now fix your things, your room is already cleaned and come back to eat with us okay?"

I nodded and carried my luggage to my room. My room doesn't have anything besides a bed which is near at the window and at the other side was a table with chair and a few books in top of it and a lamp. The room's not that big but it is spacious , there's also my closet with my clothes in it of course and in top was the trophies i got when i was still studying.

I then put my baggages in the corner as I made my way to the bed. I'm exhausted so I want to take a nap before my mother finish cooking.

"Rain! ...Rain! Let's eat now !" I woke up and saw the ceiling 'where am i?" i suddenly ask but hearing my mother's shouts made me remember that i just got back home 'ah right.. i'm at home' I then stretched my body when i stand up and gone to the kitchen.

My mom really cooked all my favorite foods , and i'm thankful to that but i wonder what will we eat at dinner if our refrigerator gone thin? (no groceries inside) I said thanks to my mom who's also chatting with me now and father also joins but my lil brother is so shy that he's only looking down at his food. I'll play with him if i have time , i said to myself for i also want to get closer to him.

We finished eating and my mom said "You should go walk outside first for you to familiarize yourself! theirs a lot of changes around now" I wanted to help at the chores but my mom refused me to do so, but i guess it's just for today and even my father shoo me away from the house so I helplessly walk out and saw that my lil bro is looking at me , hiding himself behind the door when i'm already outside. I called out to him but he just run instead, as i just shook my head smiling.

I walk then saw that there's really a lot of changes in town, as their already a market there and more houses and even the nursery upgraded to that of also having a playground and so on. I notice that i'm already nearing the place where i usually play when i was a kid so I then decided to go there.

Nearing the place I then lifted up my head and saw up ahead there's someone out there seated at the wooden chair. The wind gently blows when i'm already nearing it and saw her dress flutter from the wind just like her black hair that gently followed. I haven't saw her face for the back is facing me, but i guess she's quite a beauty.