Chapter 1: The Fairytale Curse

Once upon a time, there was a land with three species- humans, witches, and fairies. The fairies were in charge of keeping control of the light, spreading creation, love, and help, while the witches were in charge of managing darkness, spreading destruction, hate, and pain. Despite their two incredibly different tasks, the fairies and the witches were good friends and two species worked together to maintain the natural balance that the world had to remain in, allowing all three species to live in harmony.

However, one day a human storyteller came to the land, seeking to bring stories to entertain the people. He requested that he be allowed to write stories with fairies, witches, and humans alike. The fairies and the witches were more wary of this offer than the humans, but seeing no malice in his intentions, they granted the stranger permission.

The storyteller wrote stories about brave human heroes, their fairy godparents or fairy forces, as good and righteous people. And he wrote of the forces of evil that threatened these good and righteous forces, of witches and their magic.

Over time, the humans grew to be afraid of the witches, and began to fight the witches and destroy them all. The witches, at first, were surprised and frightened at this new way of treatment, before they grew angry and fought back, releasing a foul creature known as the Ender Dragon to destroy the land.

Only troubled lands have need of heroes, and soon, four heroes came to help the people of this land, to defeat this creature. Four heroes known together as the ORDER OF THE STONE.

GABRIEL the Warrior, before whose mighty sword all combatants would tremble.

ELLEGAARD the Redstone Engineer, whose inventions sparked an era of invention.

MAGNUS the Rogue, who would channel his destructive creativity for the benefit of all.

And SOREN the Architect, builder of worlds and leader of the Order of the Stone.

These FOUR friends worked so hard to claim their rightful place as FOUR heroes, banding together along with a few witches who wished to return peace to the land and fairies who wished for the same result in order to defeat the Ender Dragon.

In the end, the Order of the Stone emerged victorious, and the Ender Dragon was defeated.

But angered that their lesson to the humans had been destroyed and that some of their own, many of the witches, corrupted by malicious treatment and cruelty, banded together and unleashed another scourge upon the world- one that would not be so easily destroyed.

The FAIRYTALE CURSE.

The Fairytale Curse was a much more subtle scourge upon the world, not as obvious and as destructive as the Ender Dragon.

Upon first glance.

The Fairytale Curse took its name from the many stories that had been written under that title. Each curse took a well known fairytale, ones with happy endings and ones without, twisting the ones with happy endings so that breaking the curse was well nigh impossible without previous knowledge of the curse.

This curse punished all who received, be it fairy, witch, or human, and to this day, it is still running rampant throughout the lands, spreading havoc and death everywhere it goes.

Those who receive the Fairytale Curse are unaffected by the conditions of other Fairytale Curses, but those who do not have the Fairytale Curse know nothing of the curse- only that it exists, and that they are based on the different fairytales. Those who have it choose to keep it a secret, afraid that the fact that they have the curse will force the people they love away from them.