Week Eleven Replies

Note: So I decided many moons ago in my first class discussion and replies book that I was not going to put the discussion posts of those that I replied to simply because I did not want to deal with copyright and if they happen to come across this I did not want their privacy to be invaded. So deal with just my replies and how they will not completely make sense. (:

Respond/reply to at least two other Original Replies before the deadline.

--

Hi, Megan!

It's funny that you enjoyed my interpretation of "anyone lived in a pretty how town" specifically because I found Cummings poem difficult to determine. I had read it several times now and still don't feel like my interpretation is anywhere close to being what Cummings intended his poem to be. I also find that I interpret death in many poems that do not necessarily have any ties connecting to death due to recent events in my life.

As for  Fitzgerald's work I am not very familiar to it but in his work "Babylon Revisited" I found it to be quite interesting. Again, I found it a bit difficult and maybe that is because my mind was clouded each time I read "Babylon Revisited". In any case I can understand where you see Paris as a sanctuary for people in that time period but I found the narrator saw it as a bleak destination especially since the narrator found himself drinking again when he hadn't touched alcohol in years.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on my post. It helped in some ways understand the text from an alternative point of view.

--

Hello, Juan!

Looking at your thought as well as other's thoughts I can see why my interpretation of "anyone live in a pretty how town" feels a bit off. I had a difficult time getting through the poem but I can now can definitely see how Cummings poem describes life as it is but I can also see how the imagery in the poem can give an uncertainty vibe like I previously stated in my discussion post. I appreciate you saying my theme selection fits the poem's criteria especially since I wasn't sure that it would since other posts had other ideas on the poem.

Thank you for adding to my discussion post.