Chapter 1. Verconia's Daughter

"I guess I going to be telling you my life story... An old friend of mine suggested that I should write about my personal story in a journal to help me to get over the events of the last few years. So here I am writing everything about what happened before all of this, every details from my deepest memories. I should warn you though this isn't all rainbow and sunshine. As you will found out, sometimes the truth is darker than it seems. Now let's jump into my story.."

"Let's start with my isolated childhood. I'm an only child and like other children my age, I had two loving parents, but something was very off about them. They were always in the same room together and never apart. My mother's name was Verconia and she was the head scientist of Team Rocket and my father was rumored to be just a Team Rocket Grunt."

"Every night my mother would tell me the same old story about the day my parents met and how their love blossomed, while my father stood there watching. I had heard a lot of rumors that Team Rocket was evil and cruel from the TV. I was young and didn't understand what they meant by cruel and evil, so I asked my mother about it, but her only response was that Team Rocket is misunderstood and they are good people. Back then I would believe anything my parents said without any further questions."

"My uncle Giovanni was the leader of Team Rocket. He had told me once that he had two daughters around my age, but I never got to meet them. Aunt Rose told me that if I was enough lucky, I would met one of their daughters one day. That day came soon then I expected."

"I was only six year old at the time when my mom take me to work with her. It was the first time I had visited Team Rocket HQ. My babysitter was sick that day and my mother didn't and she didn't have anywhere else to take me. My mother was the head scientist meaning that I was allowed to travel around in the lab area while she was working."

"Eventually boredom started to strike me as I was waited in her office for her return, so I decided to go for a walk. The layout of the lab was confusing for a six year old, but my exploration lead me to what seemed to be an observation room of some sort. I rushed over and looked through the window. I was surprised to find another room on the other side filled with all sorts of machinery."

"In the far back of the room was a metal container attached to a bunch of wires. I noticed a tall blue Pokémon with large rainbow colored antlers inside the container. It looked like it was in pain, but before I could try to get a better look I noticed a door open on the other side of the room."

"I watched as Uncle Giovanni and Aunt Rose walked in accompanied by my mother and a girl close to my age. My ears perked up as they began discussing something with each other. I could barely hear anything through the glass beside the name 'Xerneas'."

"I glanced over towards the trapped Pokémon, before looking back at them as they lead the girl towards the container. I listened again, but this time I was only able to pick up the name Elianna."

"That name was awfully familiar, but I didn't realize that it was one of cousins until they shoved her into the metal container with 'Xerneas'.

"Elianna looked over at her parents as my mother pulled a lever. Suddenly electricity flowed through the wires attached to the metal container, causing it to start to electrocute both Elianna and Xerneas multiple times. I wanted to scream and tell them to stop hurting Elianna and Xerneas, but the words wouldn't fall out of my mouth."

"Why would my mother, Uncle Giovanni and Aunt Rose do this?! Elianna's scream started to fill both rooms as tears formed in my eyes. I ran out of the observation room as Elianna's screams began to grow quieter. I couldn't believe my eyes and my ears. At the time I wasn't familiar with the word 'dead', until a few years later and that's when I assumed they had murdered my poor cousin and the mysterious, tall, blue Pokémon 'Xerneas'"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please share your thoughts so far and also if you spot a grammar error please notify me. Also I thought that first person would be good for the introduction then casually switch to third in the next chapters. Let me know if I should just scrap that and rewrite it in third person.