TRANCE STATE

"Come on Mama's baby!".

I whisper to Nyla my three-year-old baby girl while grabbing her purple baby bag and stuffing a few belongings into it. Then I quickly lifted sound asleep Nyla from her crib while thinking to myself "I know I have to move quick if I want to get out alive." So, I hurried out to the living room as vigilantly as I could. Grabbed my keys and pocketknife because I had no clue where the sick bastard was. I decided to leave out the side entrance patio instead of using the front door because the cry it makes when touched.  I slid the door open so softly, and peek out gazing left and right to make sure my coast was clear. I saw no sound of anyone, so I ran for my car. Nearly out of breath I finally make it to my car. Which was inconveniently parked to the far right of the driveway, while my exit route was in the exact opposite way, the left. I quickly put Nyla in her car seat and strap her in while praying and hoping in my head that she stays asleep. I attempt to shut her door as quietly as I can and try to make my way to the driver seat expeditiously. When suddenly I feel a hand wrap around my neck and the grip tightens as my feet began to dangle in the air. I'm gasping for air and I start kicking and aim at whoever it is holding me against my will and most importantly trying to kill me. I'm scratching his hands and arms because I feel like I'm on the verge of passing out.

"HELP! I can't breathe" I force out my mouth.

The grip starts to loosen, and I can feel the ground beneath my feet. His hand remained wrapped around my neck just enough so I couldn't move but more than able to breathe. He begins to speak, and his voice is so familiar, but I don't remember this voice in pain and as angry as it is.

"So, you think you're just going to leave me? First DJ now you wanna walk out on me? When you know the reason, DJ isn't here is because of YOU!" He spat out.

It was Dave, my husband. I couldn't believe it, how could he? And DJ? I haven't had the baby yet nor do we know the sex. It was kept a secret from both of us. I'm lost in my own head about all this that I can't even answer him.

"This right here, this home I pay for... I work my ass off just for you to be the mother I need you to be for my kids and you... WHY DID YOU LET HIM GO? HUH JESS? NOW YOU SIT HERE AND TRY TO TAKE THE ONLY SEED I HAVE LEFT, FROM ME JESS? "

I hear the pain coming from Dave and I can't help but cry with him and as soon as I start to react all I hear is...