Chapter 1

Ivy's P.O.V (italics are her thoughts)

Age 9 ~Flashback ~

Walking into the living room, beer bottles and the smell of old food hit my nose.

I walk over to the old beat up recliner.  There's dad sitting in the chair just like every day.

"Dad" i didn't hear any sounds.  So I poke him only for him to jolt awake and feel a burning sensation in my cheek.

"Why would you wake me up, its all your fault were here" He slurs barely able to hold his words.

"I -Im sorry I didn't mean to-o, I just wanted to know why mom left" I let out barely able to hold back my tears.

My dad grabbed me by my collar and dragged me to the cell I call a room. There are no windows only a couple of book shelfs filled with old beat up book. There was a small bed with beat up sheets. He threw me on the bed and took off his belt.

This is how its been for the last couple of years.

He never hits me hard, he just forgets he's my father between the belt and the buckle.

~Present~ Age 16

Ever since that day i don't ask about mom. Whenever dad is mad or drunk he usually takes his anger out on me. Only time i get a pass is if he's sober or passed out from drinking to much.

I look out the door of my room to see if my dad left. I quickly go over to the kitchen to grab a bunch of grapes. I hear the door being jiggled so i hurry up and back to my room.

Only to drop the grapes.

"Fudge" I try to pick them up but there's a lot. So i kick them under the couch and go to my room.

Maybe he wont notice.

I still her jiggling.

Thats weird, even when dad is really drunk he can unlock the door. Maybe i should go see who it is? Or i could stay here and act like i dont hear anything. What if it is him, would he hit me for not opening the door?

He always told me not to open up the door, if he not home.

~Flashback 7 years old ~

*knock knock*

Dad wasn't home, so i quickly run over to the door and pull it open. Only to me punched in the stomach.

"Never open the door unless i'm home" dad says

~Present ~

Should i open the door?

Soo what did yall think? Vote comment plz and thxx