Undescribed Words

Chapter 1

Adelynn Opened the front door into her brand new house. It was like a whole other dimension. She had never had so much land and a beautiful house. Her father and mother have not always been rich but after her father had gotten a raise they decided to move to Springfield, Tennessee. She had always wanted to live on land with enough room to be free. She was always coped up in a neighborhood back in Brooklyn, New York, So it was like a whole new world to her. Adelynn opened up the brown box with all of her treasures In it. She took it upstairs and laid it down into her new bedroom. It was cold and dusty in the isolated room. It looks as if the house has not had anybody in it for years. The closet doors creaked, the room had a humid feeling to it, and most likely, the floor creaked of the worst sound as if somebody was rubbing Styrofoam together. Strangely none of that seemed to bother her. The only part that bothered her was that she would have to make new friends all over again. She was already anti-social back in Brooklyn and only had a couple of close friends. Now, She wondered how she was going to be able to socialize without getting that tingly nervous feeling inside her stomach. She shook her head and stopped thinking about the future and reminded her self the present is what needs to get done right now. She unpacked the boxes one by one and set everything into order. "Valuables over here, Clothes over here, Shoes over here, Perfume over..." She was suddenly interrupted in her thinking process as the door creaked open to reveal her mom and dad carrying her bed in. She moved to the side and looked at her bed. She has had that bed since she was 12 when she got it for her birthday. She has always wondered when they were finally going to get her a new bed. Her father roamed past Adelynn as she was mesmerized by the constant motion of her mother and older brother helped move everything in. They left the room and soon enough came back with her dresser. They dusted it off and wiped the sweat from their foreheads. "Finally, We're finished with Adelynn's room!" Her mother called out obviously feeling accomplished. They closed the creaking door and I look around the old, dusty room. I sighed and unpacked the rest of my stuff putting it into place. When I unpacked I looked at a picture of my and my best friend Andrew. A chill of sorrow went down my spine as I looked at it. Andrew committed suicide when I was 15. His father had shot his mother so when his mother divorced him, Andrew would have to live with him. He just hung himself instead. I wiped my tears and put away the photo, clearing my mind of thoughts of him. As I was deep into thinking my father interrupted and yelled "GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE ADELYNN RENE!" "Shit" I whispered to myself. When my dad says my middle name, things are not very welcoming. I walk down the steps and the creaky floorboard gives a signal to my dad that I'm on my way. "I've been calling you for 5 damn minutes that's complete bullshit, get out of your lala land and come help us move your brother into his room." I've never been my dads favorite, neither has he been mine. My brother is my dads favorite, But that doesn't bother me a bit. I open the front door and grab boxes from my mother. She thanks me for helping and I dip my head in respect to show her a "your welcome".

As I walk back towards the front door to hand my brother the boxes, I look next door too see a familiar car. I stare a little closer, Then I realize, it's my best friend, Jacob from my old school.