Chapter 2

Nathaniel POV

"James." I acknowledge him. "Why is it urgent for me to come here?"

"Boss." He directs me to the side away from the other men.

"Julian Rodriguez, one of the men who was in charge of overseeing the shipment was caught stealing some of the product and it seems this is not the first time." He tells me in a low voice.

"Why am I just finding out about this now?" I say frustrated, running my hands through my hair.

"I just recently found out. He just didn't steal; we've also been missing a lot of money and product recently. " He replies.

"How much?" I ask.

"He stole 5 million worth of product." He says exasperated.

I cringe at the thought of losing so much money.

To be able to steal so discreetly, he must have done his research on the whole operation of the company. There are only a few people who know every part of the business. Therefore, for him to know where the money is and most of our product, he must have had help. It seems James knows exactly what I'm thinking, and has a pained expression on his face.

No wonder he wanted me to come, this is something I needed to deal with myself.

"Where is he?" I ask as I run my hand through my hair in frustration.

James looks at one of the big men and nods at him. The man disappears into the white container and comes back with Julian, a scrawny looking man with his hands tied behind his back and tape in his mouth.

I look at the man holding Julian and indirectly tell him to let him go.

As the big man lets go of Julian, he falls to the concrete floor with his head down.

I walk towards Julian and unbutton my blazer as I squat down getting to his level. I remove the tape from his mouth.

"Please, please I'm sorry." He begs.

"Now tell me, Julian, why would you need to steal from me," I ask.

"I cant, I cant, I cant. Please..." He continues to beg as tears run down his face.

"Who hired you?" I ask. He immediately seems taken by my question. As if I were not supposed to know that he did not do it by himself. "If you tell me, you can live," I say sarcastically.

"If I speak my family, they'll die," he says pleading.

It seems like I'm not going to get anything out of him. I stand up and remove my blazer. Passing it to one of the men to hold as I nod to the other to stand Julian up. I roll my white shirtsleeves up.

I punch Julian with my right fist. He stumbles back and red liquid falls from his nose.

"I cant, I can't." he cries.

I grab my desert eagle from its holster. "It's only business." I say pointing it directly at his head. I shoot.

*BANG*

One clean shot to the head. I know without a doubt that he wasn't going to talk.

"OH common! You could have at least given me a warning." James screams at me as I walk away.

"You could have done it yourself," I reply.

"That's cold!"

"Warmer than jail. " I laugh. "Clean this up," I tell the men who are staring at me.

I remove a handkerchief from my back pocket and clean Julian's blood off my knuckles.

Without acknowledging the other people who are here I turn around and walk towards my Audi R8. Opening the door of my car, I drive away. I reach towards the radio and the song ... plays. It's concerning knowing that someone is out to disrupt my business. Someone who is really out to get me would try this hard to hurt me; therefore it must be someone with means.

As I get out of my car in front of my apartment, I receive a text from James.

James: It's Done.

They must have cleared out the body. As I am about to look up I collide with someone else. Instinctively, I grab onto it. I look down and it's a petite young woman with her head down.

"Ahh..Sorry.." she says quickly as she lets go of my forearm trying to wiggle out of my grip. However, I can't seem to let go of her, and my grip just becomes stronger.

She looks up at me with red-rimmed eyes and a shocked expression on her face. Wow. I've never seen such beautiful blue eyes, even swollen they look extraordinary. I wonder what happened to her.

She tries to wiggle out of my grip. Her eyes begging me to let go of her. I release my hold on her.

"Sorry," I say.

She gives me a weak smile and walks away. I turn my head to look at her. 

A/N: If you liked the chapter please:

Vote

Share

Follow the story and me.

Comment: What did you think of this chapter? And what do you want to happen next?

The more votes I get the faster I will update!