Disappearance

When they got to the camp, they began to unpack. It was about 3:30 pm. Everybody was put into pairs. Alex with Kayla, Lilly with Mitchel, Jake with Nikki, and Xander with Shannon. The surrounding woods were thick with very few pathways leading away from their campsite which seemed large enough to hold a family of 10. Luckily, there were only 8 of them

They began to put up their tents. They finished around 5:00 pm. It had been nearing dark.

"Alright, everyone," Jake began, "I've given each of the pairs a job. Alex and Kayla, you're to go find rocks to stack in a circle for a fire. Shannon and Xander, it's your job to find firewood. Lilly. Mitchel. You two should take inventory to see what we have. Nikki and are going to try some elevated land so we can see where everything is."

And just like that, everyone started on their jobs. Alex and Kayla traveled deep into the woods to try to find some rocks that would work. Around 6:00 pm, everything was ready. The fire was going, tents were set up. So far they had been enjoying themselves.

"Hey," Alex began as he walked towards Jake, "Did you guys find any high ground?"

"No." He replied, "Only more trees."

"How about other camp sites?" Mitchel asked, "Did you see people?"

"Nope." Nikki cut in, "Our campsite seems to be the only one in the immediate area."

"How's that inventory check coming along?" Shannon asked Mitchel in a know-it-all attitude.

"It's getting there." Mitchel replied

"Then how about you get going."

"Shut up Shannon." Lilly said angrily, "I don't see you doing this crap."

"Hey now," Xander started, "We just got here. There's no need at all to start fighting."

"Whatever." Shannon started, clearly upset, "I'm going to get some more wood for the fire."

Five minutes passed and everyone had finally settled down after that little squabble. All was quiet. That was only temporary however.

"AHHHH! SOMEONE HELP!"  Someone shrieked