The Case

This story was not my idea.The author of this story didn't have a wattpad account before so I wrote the story in my wattpad account.If you know Matthew Ang then he's the one who created this story.But now he has.His username is tamelyk.

   Courtesy of Matthew Ang (tamelyk)

Chapter 1

     It was a cold night. I , Charlie Jones was going to read a book near my fireplace wearing a comfortable robe then suddenly I heard a knock on my door.I wondered Who could that be? Who could be here at this late time?  I opened the door.I saw a fat man wearing a scarf around himself.

"Um,may I help you?"

"Yes,you can help me,do you know where does Charlie Jones live? I need-" Then he passed out.I think he was cold.I dragged him near the fireplace.I will wait him to wake up and tell him I'm Charlie Jones.Of course I'm curious of what he's gonna say.

20 minutes later................

"WHERE AM I ?!?!" exclaimed by the visitor.

"You're at my house,Mr.Hatherly," as I grinned.

"How did you know my name?!? I think I didn't tell you my name before I fainted?"

"My dear friend,if you wanted to hide your identity,I suggest you to better hide your badge on your collar." I said as I chuckled.

"No wonder I was recommended to you by Dr.Bertellion,you're the best detective in town! As I was saying,I have come here to report the murder of Alfredo Fletcher,by an unknown person.Dr.Bertellion told me to call you to invite you to go to the seen scene to see for yourself."

"Very well then,Mr.Hatherly ," saying it seriously.

Chapter 2

     As I arrived at the scence, Mr.Hatherly  immediately left.I saw Mr.Bertellion.When he saw me ,he quickly joined.I immediately try to know if Alfredo had a wife.Of course I tried to ask Mr.Bertellion if Alfredo had a close friend.

"Mr.Bertellion,does Alfredo have any close friends?"

"Yes,I'm one of his close friends.What should you know about him?"

"I'm asking if he had a wife?There would have a motive for his wife to kill him."

"Yes,Jehanna was his wife but they had some issues with each other.Jehanna had a boyfriend named Gregory , who was a clerk in Golden Enterprises , the company of her husband , Jehanna threatened Alfredo of divorcing him.Alfredo agreeded but Jehanna wanted Alfredo to give her half of his shares in Golden Enterprises but Alfredo disagreed.This incident happened a week before the crime scene had happened."

Chapter 3

    I went to Gregory's house to interview him,but he was in the hospital,according to the maid,to accompany Jehanna to the E.R. So,I went to the crime scene with Bertellion.I saw the foot prints leading to Alfredo's body and deduced that it was made by a shoe with high heels,to Bertellion,it seemed no importance,it seemed that he doesn't care for the footprints.But for me,it seemed a lot of importance for me.Now I have evidence.I asked the chief police for a search warrant to inspect Jehanna and Gregory's house.On the way to Jehanna and Gregory's house,I ordered Bertellion to have his revolver ready.When I opened the door to find Gregory,I saw him lying on the floor,bleeding from a wound on his right abdomen.I saw Jehanna on the stairs shooting at us with a gun.Bertellion ducked for cover,but I took the table and blocked and threw it at her.The table hit her and smack it at the face.I grabbed my handcuffs and chained her hands,only to find her unconscious.

Chapter 4

     In the ride home to London,I told Bertellion that Jehanna will be imprisoned for life due to murder and robbery.Gregory was sent to the hospital,not knowing that he had 4 children or quadruplets with Jehanna.Unfortunately,Jehanna will not be able to see her quadruplets after she will give birth to them forever.

I told Bertellion,"You see Bertellion , Romance is like playing a game of cards,a desperate game of cards can change you forever.Now you know that romance is very dangerous."

"But Jones,how did you know it was Jehanna?"

"Elementary my dear Bertellion,when I saw Jehanna's shoes,I saw the soles of her shoes. I knew that she killed him,but since I needed evidence,I went back to ascertain that she murdered Alfredo so I called the police and you know the rest."

"But Jones,why did Jehanna want to kill  Gregory and Alfredo?" Bertellion asked.

I replied and answered him,"She wants Gregory's and Alfredo's  money since she was the only first wife of Alfredo and first girlfriend of Gregory,she can get all of Alfredo's share in the company and all of Gregory's money in the bank.Now will you excuse me,I have a new mystery to solve,the case of my dinner!"

Author's note

  Sorry guys for the wrong grammar.Thank you for understanding me. :D