DAY EIGHTY

"when can i leave?" finn questions the nurse that's checking over him to make sure he's fine.

"as soon as you can walk again, which could be tomorrow or next year, no one knows."

finn nodded his head at the nurse, "when can i start physical therapy?"

"i'll ask your doctor and get right back to you."

"tomorrow."

(y/n)'s eyes lit up, "really? how long will it take?"

millie looked over at finn, "it depends how hard finn works towards being able to walk."

the girl sighed, "um, can i - can i talk to him?"

millie handed the phone to a confused but very awake finn, then left the room.

"hello?"

"finn - hi, oh my god, i missed your voice so much! i mean hi, it's (y/n), your girlfriend, well at least i think i'm still your girl-"

"(y/n), you're rambling and it's quite cute if i do say so myself."

the girl blushed, "i'm sorry." she mumbled. putting the phone on loudspeaker, she started making herself some dinner.

finn chuckled, "it's okay, (y/n), my sorta girlfriend."

"do you remember me? at all?"

this time finn sighed, "i wish i did, you seem like an awesome person, (y/n)."

(y/n) knew finn was no longer her boyfriend, but she wanted to pretend for as long as she could.

"well, i should get going now, tell millie i said bye." and with that (y/n) ended the call.

she decided she needs to move on, forget about finn like he forgot about her.

if they're meant to be they'll find each other and she knows it.