Chapter 1: The Meeting

I am not the kind of teenager where you call your parent's names when you arrive from school and ask's you how yoour day was. In my case, Im one of the unfortunate kind where I don't even expect them to be home whenever I went home.

"Stella! Im home!" I climbed over our front porch steps. 

"Stella?" I called as I slid the glass door open.

Stella, is my nanny. My second mother. She took care of me since I was 1 year old and changed my diapers & treated me like her own son. She was more a mother to me than my real mom.

My mom & dad is never home when I arrive home. My parents are always busy. Since they were both doctors on Central Hospital so they always come home late every night.

"Sander? Is that you?" Stella called out.

"Yes Stella, where are you anyway?" I asked her as I took off my jacket and place it on my arm.

I live in a 30 acres of property, yes I know. I am rich and slightly spoiled. The living room of our house has two stairs in the opposite sides that will lead you to the bedrooms and the guest room upstairs and the library, theatre room, and my favorite: the game room.

"Im in the kitchen dear." She said. The kitchen is on the right side of the living room. As I made my way to the kitchen, I smelled my favorite: homemade lasagna.

I smiled at that thought. Stella always knows my favorites and my hates. She knows how to make me feel better and make me smile.

I saw her silhouette as I approached out U-shaped kitchen. She wore the pink apron I gave her for Christmas last last year which is imprinted with the words "World's greatest Mother". I went inside the kitchen and I saw her almost finished lasagna on the counter.

"Wow, looks delicious!" I said to her as I reached to grab a bite on a lasagna near the counter since she was on the sink and her back was facing me.

Then, Slap!

"Ow!" I said.

"No, not yet Sander dear. This is for dinner." She said to me with her hands on her hips.

I can see that she looked well, really old. She is 63 years old now and she works for us in about 35 years. I can see the wrinkles over her forehead and there are circles around her eyes. She took care of my father also in the past. And did the same to me. She was a part of my family. 

"Okay fine. Ill go upstairs" I said. I whined as I turned and head towards the staircase leading to my room.

Then she grabbed the lasagna and put it on the oven. Before she went back on preparing for dinner, she manage to add,

"Okay dear and take a shower. You smell.... terrible." Stella laughed so hard.

I smelled myself, I do not smell bad. "I just got off football practice, ofcourse I smell bad". I chuckled as I made my way to my room.

I went up to my room and put my bag on my king sized bed. I can feel my body in pain because of our intense football practice. I rubbed my back for a bit to lessen the pain as I took off my socks and tossed it on the side. I was never known for being neat and tidy. Sporty and Handsome, definitely. But not a tidy person. I never did learn from Stella, she always kicked me for messig up my room even after she'd clean it and said I needed to be mature because she will not be around in the future to clean up my stuffs. But I just nodded and nodded, like what a good kid does.