3. Noona's Literary Cafe

It's a short walk to Noona's Literary Cafe, a favorite spot for many university students

It's a short walk to Noona's Literary Cafe, a favorite spot for many university students. The owner couldn't decide between her two loves in life, reading and eating, so combined them into one. Her collection of books is huge, covering a wide variety of topics and the patrons are welcome to peruse any of them while in the shop. The bookstore next door makes sure that Noona's always has a fresh supply of new titles to feed the minds and Noona's excellent cook is there to fill the bellies with delicious foods.

When Rome walks in the front door with Emma by his side, he barely has a chance to look around before he's suffocated in a tight, warm hug.

"N'Rome!" Noona's muffled shout tells him who is currently hugging him to death. Even though she and her brother have lived in Thailand for a few years now, her thick American accent is still present. "Why haven't you come by to see me? You know you're supposed to visit your noona as soon as you get back on campus!"

"Um, p'Lacey, I don't think Rome can breathe." Emma tries to save him but she gets pulled into the hug, too.

"Don't think you are getting out of this hug, n'Emma," With a last squeeze, Noona finally releases her victims...friends from the hug and they take a deep breath in relief.

"Noona, did you just say Rome is here?" A handsome guy about Rome's height dressed in ripped jeans and a black tee shirt pops out from behind the swinging kitchen door with a toothy grin. He wipes his hands on the white apron wrapped around his lean waist and quickly walks over to them. "Hi! About time you showed up. Noona has been bugging me for the last week about when you'd be here."

"That's because I like them more than you." Noona scowls and sticks her tongue out at the newcomer.

"Probably but you still have to love me more. I'm family." He winks at the older woman.

"Brat." Folding her arms, Noona can't dispute the fact and is a little put out about that. She doesn't like being bested by her younger sibling.

Honestly, if you didn't know they are siblings, you never would guess it because they look nothing alike. Noona has auburn hair framing sweet rosy cheeks and big hazel green eyes with a pale complexion and a scattering of freckles over her nose. Jae, on the other hand, is obviously a mixed asian with his lightly tan skin and slightly slanted brown eyes. His straight black hair has a few subtle dark purple highlights and falls over his brows in a shaggy cut. They are practically opposites but there is no doubt that they are siblings in the way they treat each other.

After a one-armed hug with Rome, Noona's brother picks up Emma in a hug and swings her around. "You get prettier every time I see you, Emma. When are you gonna run away with me?"

"When you decide to switch teams," Emma laughs as he puts her down with an exaggerated pout. "You might have better luck if you hit on Rome."

"He is a pretty one, too. What do you say, Nong Rome? Want to give it a go?" He waggles his eyebrows at Rome comically and gives him a wolfish leer.