Chapter One

Arielle

“Have fun” I tell Alannah, and I mean it. I could never wish anything bad on her. My twin. My life. But recently, I've felt us drift apart. She has a new boyfriend.

“I will” she tells me, dragging me out of my thoughts.

“Tell Harry I said hi” I instruct her. She grins.

“Certainly” she says formally.

“Your carriage awaits you” I say, gesturing grandly towards the door. There is indeed a car parked outside. Not a carriage. A limo. Alannah's going to a fancy party, with celebrities. Her new boyfriend, that I mentioned before? He's Harry Styles, from the boyband One Direction.

Alannah places a hand on my arm. “Don't eat too much ice cream” she advises me. I roll my eyes at her, but my grin sort of ruins the gesture. She laughs. “I'll see you later” she says. “Don't wait up.”

“You know I will” I tell her. She sighs.

“Bye, Arielle” she says, and she walks out the front door. Harry meets her halfway. They both wave back at the house before he helps her into the limo. I watch them drive away, until I can't see the limo anymore. And then I head into the living room to start my movie marathon. But before I turn on the telly, I make a quick stop by the freezer.

To retrieve my ice cream.

-

Harry

Alannah's eyes go wide when we pull up in front of the building. Cameras flash like they're trying to blind us on purpose. I turn to my amazing girlfriend.

“Ready?” I ask her. She smiles at me, the smile I've come to know as 'ready for anything'.

“Of course” she replies. I push open the door and climb out of the limo, and then help her out. The paparazzi snap pictures. I smile and wave, but my other hand is holding Alannah's. This is her first real, official outing as my girlfriend. We've been dating for a few months, and been caught several times at lunch or the cinema or something, but we've never confirmed it.

But Alannah's no stranger to paparazzi. She can't be. She and her twin sister, Arielle, are our choreographers.

“Harry, is she your girlfriend?” shouts someone in the crowd. I smile at him when I reply.

“Yes, she is” I say. A few others shout questions, but I just pull Alannah past them all and into the building.

“That was absolutely mad” she whispers in my ear. “But so much fun!” I squeeze her hand, and then we walk through the door at the end of the front hall and into the party proper.

I don't let go of Alannah's hand, and she doesn't object. Inside, the party, it's loud. People are dancing and trying to talk over the music. Alannah squeezes my hand even tighter.

No matter how comfortable she might pretend to be with all of this, I know she isn't. Not entirely. I'm still not completely used to it.

“Is that Ed Sheeran?” Alannah asks. I follow her gaze. It is indeed.

“Wanna go say hi?” I ask her. The look on her face makes it all worth it.

-

Arielle

The phone rings. Right in the middle of Finding Nemo. “Hello?” I say into it.

“Hello, Arielle” says a girl's voice, quite a bit formally.

“Hello, Aimee” I reply. “Have you confessed your sins today?”

“Um . . . why?” she asks.